GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myself and Steve took our bikes to Asbo Exhausts in Pilling Lancashire for a decat, Steve already has a Yoshi R11, I wanted to keep the Original end can.
My bike is the first one in the vid and still waiting for the decat, and the one filmed in the dark after the decat, you can compare the Yoshi (without DB killer) and standard can :) Both sound....GOOD
Both bikes have Tre fitted

https://youtu.be/GRS_iD-drfw

PS if your a member of the GSXS1000 UK or Worldwide FB page he is offering the decat service for £140

·
Registered
444 Posts
So is this guy cutting off the cat and then making a pipe that connect the headers and the slip on together? Love the R11, best looking slip on for this bike.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Leavitstock???
You of all *like* a post/thread about "violating" the *stock* exhaust?
And in a very "ghetto mod" way.
Cutting/welding the *stock* exhaust is a no-no for anyone that would want to have a stock bike :)

BTW:
Note the lumpy idle after this mod.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes he make a link pipe, removes the cat and joins the headers to the end can.
TRE = suzuki retard the ignition in the first 4 gears on most moders bikes including GSXR, and limit top speed by closing secondary butterflies in 6th gear....true!
the smart tre £30 or healtech X-tre £99 remove these, just simple plug and play for the smart Tre, cut a wire with healtech, they make the bike think its in 5th gear, the only one that isnt restricted, you can deffinately feel the extra surge in torque and I have seen an increase from limited 155mph to over 160+mph so far.
Smart TRE Timing Retard Eliminator STRE ATRE Suzuki GSX-S 1000 /F ABS | eBay
next day delivery with this.

·
Registered
156 Posts
nice work but please ditch the slot head screw on the heat shield
Has the fueling been dialed in to allow for the change...if not , is it planned?

With that smart TRE do you still have a working gear indicator?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fueling hasnt been sorted yet, it is a little rough, but its ok for the time being, there is a power increase though and it sounds amazing, if you watched the video, put headphones on and watch again please..
The smart Tre will put the gear indicator in 5th for all gears except neutral, but you get used to it after 24 hours or so,There is a new version due out very soon that will show correct gearing, the Healtech X-Tre has an extra wire that cuts into the ecu to read correct gears.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Leavitstock???
You of all *like* a post/thread about "violating" the *stock* exhaust?
And in a very "ghetto mod" way.
Cutting/welding the *stock* exhaust is a no-no for anyone that would want to have a stock bike :)

BTW:
Note the lumpy idle after this mod.
for a minute i thought you where yelling at me

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Hi R1KSU,
I asked the question a good year ago how the TRE and the 'snatchy' throttle reacted.
Suzuki retard the timing to smooth out the acceleration when going through the gears. I tried it years ago on the SV1000S Twin.
How did you find it in that regard? With the SV, personally I found the trade off on smoothness was not worth it as the power increase was not that substantial.

Your bike in the flasher R/B paint looks and sounds great with the standard pipe & de cat and would keep stocker pipe if it was mine as it's loud enough.

Rob.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Did he do a decat as well as remove the silencer, it looks like your Cat is still there, unless they just knocked the insides of it out. My replacement pipe replaced the Cat as well and the pipe is much longer.
Agreed, looks like the silencer was cut after the cat :confused:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
BTW:Note the lumpy idle after this mod.
Yes it is lumpy and runs a bit rough at a steady throttle, but I hope to get it sorted in a month or so.
I noticed the wider section, he must of gutted the cat as I sent him several photos before hand of other companies photos doing a decat, so he would have an idea as he hadnt done these bikes before, but i will txt him and ask the question, The bike is LOUD so the cat must have been removed.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

These are the photos he sent me during the decat, you can see he cut the cat off, must have gutted it and welded it back on, he asked me before hand if I wanted it gutting, I said no, put a link pipe on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts