GSXS 1000 Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Well, having read all the comments I can probably say for sure that my throttle is bad for lack of linear power delivery, jerkiness, call it what you like.
There is nothing trivial or 'in the mind' about entering a corner at speed, leaning over to suit and then feathering the throttle open, expecting to smoothly pull out of the corner with a grin on your face ..... then the throttle decides to open in an erratic manner and the bike becomes less stable, the grin becomes a grimace and the fun is gone.
DON'T patronise me, I've ridden bikes for 40 years and this is the worst, dangerous even. If you want to ride your bike close to the perceived limit when cornering then a GSXS in standard form is NOT the bike for you [or me]. This should be a recall before someone ends up under the front end of a bus!
I'll just take it easy till I get a cast iron solution that doesn't involve throwing money at it.
Driving on the limit is dangerous anyway, who wants to be doing that?
I won't patronize you, but you are on the wrong bike. If it feels dangerous to ride, then it is.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Well, having read all the comments I can probably say for sure that my throttle is bad for lack of linear power delivery, jerkiness, call it what you like.
There is nothing trivial or 'in the mind' about entering a corner at speed, leaning over to suit and then feathering the throttle open, expecting to smoothly pull out of the corner with a grin on your face ..... then the throttle decides to open in an erratic manner and the bike becomes less stable, the grin becomes a grimace and the fun is gone.
DON'T patronise me, I've ridden bikes for 40 years and this is the worst, dangerous even. If you want to ride your bike close to the perceived limit when cornering then a GSXS in standard form is NOT the bike for you [or me]. This should be a recall before someone ends up under the front end of a bus!
I'll just take it easy till I get a cast iron solution that doesn't involve throwing money at it.
Driving on the limit is dangerous anyway, who wants to be doing that?
mine would open up erratic from time to time when new...still will once in a while if im lazy with the throttle.. going into a corner being lazy with throttle closed...instead of rpm up on the gas..it seems throttle likes to be on the plus side all the time extra down shift before the turn....love this machene

·
Registered
993 Posts
Gordy, if you haven't already, you may want to check out the discussion over on the thread about ECU flash. There are some economical options that sound almost too good to be true.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Any reply is probably going to sound patronising to you, but I can see how the poor throttle response of some bikes (mine was the same) may upset your riding style.

Advanced road riding tuition teaches you to roll on the throttle as you begin to tip in and accelerate (gently to start with) through and out of the corner. I've always ridden my GSX-S this way so the only time the poor throttle response would catch me out was if the bike was near to upright. Although rather annoying, it was never dangerous. Since the reflash, the unptedictable surging as the throttle opens has gone. The throttle response is still quite abrupt, but perfectly predictable, so I only have myself to blame if I'm a bit ham-fisted with my throttle control... usually at the end of a long tiring ride.

·
Registered
62 Posts
2+ things that will reduce jerky throttle and vibration!
1) Less coffee
2) Learn throttle control
3) Let it warm up first (my Honda Civic Si is a bucking bronco until up to temp).
4) Adjust the slop out of your throttle.

Sorry, not trying to be a jerk, but on my bike, it just isn't a problem, unless it hasn't warmed up and I'm hitting bumps that cause my wrist to do irresponsible things. :)
I adjusted my suspension 2 clicks out he is on youtube it helped the pogo effect -- but my bike seems to run better when hot like you stated but it still has the on/off at times. i bought the new katana tube and will adjust TPS before spending any more money-- but from all the research i have done these bikes ARE VERY LEAN and a remap may be in order i contacted two wheel dynoworks they answered all questions and have done stock gsxs1000's
You guys saying to learn throttle control probably never run your between 8 and 11k in the curves. Real easy to be smooth at lower RPM's. Not so easy in the upper RPM's where the power hits hard. I venture a guess all those professional testers at the big mags and websites (some who also race for real on the weekends) have a **** ton more experience than you with the latest powerful bikes, and virtually ALL OF THEM noticed the jerkiness.

I love my bike, and have not lifted a finger yet to fix the throttle as it is not a problem 95% of the time, but I have been thrown off my line several times in a curve because of the abrupt throttle in the upper RPM's. I have adjusted out all slack, actually the day I brought it home because whoever set up my bike did not adjust it all based on the fact the adjuster lock nut was backed way off and not locking anything....and there was MUCHO throttle play.

The problem is not exclusive to our bikes either, many of the latest bikes meeting euro 4 display the same issue to some extent with the notable exception of Triumph, who seem to have the magic formula for obtaining sublime throttle response on all their bikes.

The fact so many have greatly reduced or eliminated the snatch with a tune or other fueling tricks should tell you something about whats causing the problem.
WELL STATED get this man a beer--i set up my suspension from two clicks out on youtube it helped with the motion of the bike-- bottom line- This Suzuki runs LEAN__ so since we can not rejet it like the good old days raise needle go up in main jet problem solved we must get a power commander or an ecU flash-- so if you guys decaT mid pipe headers etc make sure you tell whoever what map to put in the PC5 or Flash to match the exhaust--it will never be perfect because the temperatures change but it will be close-i will most likely use two wheel dynO works for my flash they answered all questions i am a street rider and want smooth throttle response from idle to redline and not care about the power it is fast enough for me--

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
5th year with machine and it seems all problems that are talked about just went away after a year like they fixed themself....amazing machine only jerk on this bike is me from time to time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I created this thread from my old S-ONEKAY-F profile (currently locked out of my email) so i made a new profile.

Made a lot of changes since then and the F has no snatch. Its smooth delivery all the way up to 12,500 rpm... 1) sprint p08 air filter 2) ecu flash 3)custom exhaust/ sc end can/ stock headers 4) pair valve disabled in ecu flash but dont block off. Blocking off caused more vibes & weird power delivery on my bike. 5) 520 conversion/ 43t rear. Weight of sprockets/ chain does make a difference. Reduce the weight on drivetrain and snatch reduces also...

Now it is the smoothest bike I have ever owned/ ridden.. Everyone that rides it says that it is the smoothest bike they have ever been on.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
62 Posts
5th year with machine and it seems all problems that are talked about just went away after a year like they fixed themself....amazing machine only jerk on this bike is me from time to time.
I heard that from other owners to get some miles on it like the computer will adjust itself..

·
Registered
62 Posts
I created this thread from my old S-ONEKAY-F profile (currently locked out of my email) so i made a new profile.

Made a lot of changes since then and the F has no snatch. Its smooth delivery all the way up to 12,500 rpm... 1) sprint p08 air filter 2) ecu flash 3)custom exhaust/ sc end can/ stock headers 4) pair valve disabled in ecu flash but dont block off. Blocking off caused more vibes & weird power delivery on my bike. 5) 520 conversion/ 43t rear. Weight of sprockets/ chain does make a difference. Reduce the weight on drivetrain and snatch reduces also...

Now it is the smoothest bike I have ever owned/ ridden.. Everyone that rides it says that it is the smoothest bike they have ever been on.

who did the flash?? and headers system --

View attachment 46454

41 - 51 of 51 Posts