·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S1000F (2020)
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grille Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Hey guys, **** day today.
New radiator is £600.

Anyone know if there are reputable brands that are cheaper or is it not worth doing that with the bike due to risk / warranty etc?

Any Suzuki radiators but just unbranded etc for half the price?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Rad guard is one of the first things I buy for a bike for this very reason. Can highly recommend the EvoTech one.

Hope you get it fixed without too much expense.
Yes, I believe a rad guard is cheap insurance. That rad is sitting low behind the front wheel. Even lower on my bike cause i raised the forks a bit. I have a EvoTech also.

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S1000F (2020)
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After seems to be £150 vs £600 but until I can take mine off I can’t verify style / size to confirm a rad guard will fit an aftermarket vs the original.

M&P have a GSXS 1000 2016-2018 rad guard on there for £150 but not sure if it’ll fit my bike? Anyone know if the years and naked vs faired are all the same?

And then if it is different I guess I’ll need to buy a rad guard for a 2016 GSXS instead of a 2020 GSXS1000FA?

·
Registered
2016 f
398 Posts
I have one of the chinese rads(( pics in oil cooler post), it looks of comparable quality to original, i also got a pinhole in my stock rad not long after buying my bike, i actually then drained rad, removed, flushed, then made hole bigger, sanded around it after clipping fins next to the hole, then jb welded it and pushed a little into hole, not too much, once set, i reinstalled, that was 3yrs ago, no leaks even with using hi pressure cap, i fitted fender extension, plus a s/steel rad gaurd, its even got 'gsxs' cut into it, its a chinese one i think, , it took abit to fit though, also when fitting be careful to make sure no metal to core contact, vibes kill a rad core really quickly

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S1000F (2020)
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have one of the chinese rads(( pics in oil cooler post), it looks of comparable quality to original, i also got a pinhole in my stock rad not long after buying my bike, i actually then drained rad, removed, flushed, then made hole bigger, sanded around it after clipping fins next to the hole, then jb welded it and pushed a little into hole, not too much, once set, i reinstalled, that was 3yrs ago, no leaks even with using hi pressure cap, i fitted fender extension, plus a s/steel rad gaurd, its even got 'gsxs' cut into it, its a chinese one i think, , it took abit to fit though, also when fitting be careful to make sure no metal to core contact, vibes kill a rad core really quickly
Thanks Kiwi!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I would be amazed if anything has changed 2015-2020 in terms of rad design, nomenclature and fit. In fact given that lots of the components in the 21 are the same, the rad has probably been carried over to the new model. I'd pull the old rad off and do some checks.

At least with M&P you'll have some comebacks and a place to deal with, which isnt true of some of the other sellers retailing this [chinese] pattern rad.

I buy pattern parts all the time without much problem, for cars and bikes. Suzuki are just trying their luck at £600, which is why i linked to a pattern straight away.

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S1000F (2020)
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would be amazed if anything has changed 2015-2020 in terms of rad design, nomenclature and fit. In fact given that lots of the components in the 21 are the same, the rad has probably been carried over to the new model. I'd pull the old rad off and do some checks.

At least with M&P you'll have some comebacks and a place to deal with, which isnt true of some of the other sellers retailing this [chinese] pattern rad.

I buy pattern parts all the time without much problem, for cars and bikes. Suzuki are just trying their luck at £600, which is why i linked to a pattern straight away.
New rad on today, doesn’t fit properly at all, the Center bottom bit doesn’t reach, had to cable tie it and the fan doesn’t reach the triple screw positions properly had to cut the original fan plastic, and also cable tie it.

there’s no way they are either the same or this part is designed for the bike properly.

the top of the radiator also touches / crushes the plastic lip at the top which has me ****ting myself at the heat and melting it.

Ill get some photos tomorrow and post through what I did as I’m **** scare I’m going to destroy my bike with this radiator.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I think mine is Evotech. I'll just echo what's been said here before. It's one of the first bits I have put on almost every bike I've owned. Can't believe it doesn't come from the factory with one.

·
Registered
2016 f
398 Posts
New rad on today, doesn’t fit properly at all, the Center bottom bit doesn’t reach, had to cable tie it and the fan doesn’t reach the triple screw positions properly had to cut the original fan plastic, and also cable tie it.

there’s no way they are either the same or this part is designed for the bike properly.

the top of the radiator also touches / crushes the plastic lip at the top which has me ****ting myself at the heat and melting it.

Ill get some photos tomorrow and post through what I did as I’m **** scare I’m going to destroy my bike with this radiator.
I had to slightly file one fan mting hole to get the three screws in, but all three main core mts fitted, the top did touch the plastic shroud, but it wont hurt it if you place a a little piece of rubber tube there to minimise vibration, or file abit of plastic to ease fitment, i considered it a relatively good fit for an accessory item, but mine may have fitted better, i got mine thru ebay who gaurantee delivery and offer refund if not a worthy part, maybe ask supplier for a better fitting item ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
How did they both look sat side-by-side off of the bike?

I wouldnt be using cable ties to mount it, but if it is close and all of the connectors/mounts are in the same location then it should fit.

Get some photos up, ideally including both rads next to each other on the bench showing both sides.

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S1000F (2020)
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had to slightly file one fan mting hole to get the three screws in, but all three main core mts fitted, the top did touch the plastic shroud, but it wont hurt it if you place a a little piece of rubber tube there to minimise vibration, or file abit of plastic to ease fitment, i considered it a relatively good fit for an accessory item, but mine may have fitted better, i got mine thru ebay who gaurantee delivery and offer refund if not a worthy part, maybe ask supplier for a better fitting item ?
Nah this had the rubber pipes touching the fairing, the 3 tabs not slotting into the fairing, fan only reaching 2 holes etc. Not close enough to put the bike back together.

How did they both look sat side-by-side off of the bike?

I wouldnt be using cable ties to mount it, but if it is close and all of the connectors/mounts are in the same location then it should fit.

Get some photos up, ideally including both rads next to each other on the bench showing both sides.
They looked close enough, but under fitting, bits were off screw, not long enough etc, welded wrong angles.

Car Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Hood

Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle tire Hood Bicycle

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bicycle part

1 - 20 of 28 Posts