GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang
I noticed that when I look up parts for the GSX-S1000 that in lots of searches the 2015 model is not listed.
Most resent it was when on the All Balls Racing parts lookup for front brake caliper rebuild kits.
I was under the impression that there was no differences between 15 and 16. Is there ANY differences between 15 and 16 model years?
Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
There should not be any different. Manufacturers don't give a rat about 'model year', they change things when find it necessary, developed a better way, or are forced by competition. Not by date. "Model year" is mostly important for marketing, because of people's perception...and dealer's pricing. The cycle is about 3 years, and then some things may start changing........in this case 15/16 were same. .

.....................mine was technically sold as a '16 because that when reached dealers. When I look at the VIN, it was manufactured in late 2015.

..............you know that there were significant changes on any vehicle model; when the aftermarket tells you a range of years their parts are good for.

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,731 Posts
The USA called the 2015 model a 2016 when it first came out. If you search through the Genesis chapters of the forum you will find discussions on it.

Reactions: Slower and Slower

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
The USA called the 2015 model a 2016 when it first came out. If you search through the Genesis chapters of the forum you will find discussions on it.
I see the American Marketing are already referring to the new GSX-S1000 Naked as a '2022' bike. Here its a 2021 release edition as in MY21.
No wonder Americans get confused, they are the odd one's out.

Rob.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts