GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I just got my new bike, super happy with it so far as it was my first day riding it.
I think it has the best bang for the buck of any bike out there right now.
My other bikes are BMW S1000RR, 5 Gen VFR800 and a KTM EXC 500.

Thanks to this forum which made a huge difference when researching this bike, I hope to return the favor.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Welcome Motorider. I totally agree with your "bang for the buck" comment. It seems to me that Suzuki invested money where it really counts: engine, brakes, handling, and comfort. Plus it doesn't look like some sort of transformer cartoon!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Welcome motorider, you have good taste in bikes. I've got a 5th gen as well with 150,000 kms on the clock. I hope to see similarly high numbers from the Gixxes.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome motorider, you have good taste in bikes. I've got a 5th gen as well with 150,000 kms on the clock. I hope to see similarly high numbers from the Gixxes.
Thanks Jaked.

I actually bought this bike to replace the VFR, after years of looking I think I've finally found the new and improved modern day VFR.
Now I have to see if I can really part with her after all these years.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome Motorider. I totally agree with your "bang for the buck" comment. It seems to me that Suzuki invested money where it really counts: engine, brakes, handling, and comfort. Plus it doesn't look like some sort of transformer cartoon!
Thanks Rusty.

Exactly, I could never get passed the looks and colors of the FZ-10

·
Registered
415 Posts
Thanks Jaked.

I actually bought this bike to replace the VFR, after years of looking I think I've finally found the new and improved modern day VFR.
Now I have to see if I can really part with her after all these years.
Gotta agree, I used to own a first-gen Tuono and I reckon the Gixxes combines the best characteristics of both the VFR and Tuono. Keep the old girl, they have a charm few bikes do.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gotta agree, I used to own a first-gen Tuono and I reckon the Gixxes combines the best characteristics of both the VFR and Tuono. Keep the old girl, they have a charm few bikes do.
I agree, the VFR has become a classic without looking dated and the V4 sounds sweet. It unfortunately also has the well known issue where it runs very hot which is a huge bummer in summer riding. Thankfully the new GSX seems to be great heat wise in same outdoor temps.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome, you have excellent taste in bikes sir.

Exactly, I could never get passed the looks and colors of the FZ-10
Exactly how I felt, didn't wait to test the FZ-10 despite previously being a Yamaha owner. Once I saw a picture of th FZ-10 that was that, one more Suzuki sold.

:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts