GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!
Looking for help identifying unused two wire plug under pillion seat. Its on the right hand side, in the same bundle with diagnostic plug. Looks like Sumitomo MT 090 series connector with orange and bl/w wires. I'd like to use it as a signal wire for a switch accessories circuit.
Thank you,
D. Hand Tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hand Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Finger

·
Registered
493 Posts
Not sure what that connector is for. Have you tested it to see if it's hot all the time or just with key on? I have 2-3 unused and capped off connectors on my 2020 GSX-S that I'm not sure what they're for.

·
Registered
212 Posts
You can see in his first picture that it's capped off from the factory. He removed the cap for the second picture.
I mean the other end of the wires, not the connector. The wires connect to something, that would help determine what the connector can be used for. I don't think it's capped off from the factory, it's likely capped off from the previous owner.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I mean the other end of the wires, not the connector. The wires connect to something, that would help determine what the connector can be used for. I don't think it's capped off from the factory, it's likely capped off from the previous owner.
I see. I do think it's capped off from the factory, as I have more than one connector on my brand new bike that's capped just like in his pic. My guess is if he traced the wires back they're just going to lead to the fuse box, as they're coming from the body side harness, not the accessory side (whatever they're meant to power).

·
Registered
2019 Suzuki GSX-S1000FZ ABS
118 Posts
The BL/W is to battery, the Orange is to the ABS. Look on heated grip post from Flashp, on the wiring diagram bottom right hand corner next to the speed sensors front/rear

·
Registered
493 Posts
The BL/W is to battery, the Orange is to the ABS. Look on heated grip post from Flashp, on the wiring diagram bottom right hand corner next to the speed sensors front/rear

This makes sense.

Does your bike have ABS? If not, that's why you have this capped plug leading to nothing. If you had ABS, it would continue on down to one of the ABS wheel speed sensors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The circuit is hot with the key in on position only. It is capped from the factory. Bike does have ABS but speed sensor wires are routed differently. If it is connected to the ABS controller, could it be dedicated ABS diagnostic plug?

·
Registered
493 Posts
The circuit is hot with the key in on position only. It is capped from the factory. Bike does have ABS but speed sensor wires are routed differently. If it is connected to the ABS controller, could it be dedicated ABS diagnostic plug?
That's a good question. As you said, it may be a diagnostic port specifically for the ABS.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi Everyone!
Looking for help identifying unused two wire plug under pillion seat. Its on the right hand side, in the same bundle with diagnostic plug. Looks like Sumitomo MT 090 series connector with orange and bl/w wires. I'd like to use it as a signal wire for a switch accessories circuit.
Thank you,
D. View attachment 46456 View attachment 46457
Mine is 2019 W/ABS and my plug looks different, see below: (Don't know if the plug cap makes any difference?

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Fluid Window

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think the plug itself is the same, just a different cap.
I think Suzuki just made it easier for their mechanics to work on the ABS (If needed) those rubber caps came off and gives easy access to the ports down in the plug without recover the cap. (That's may guess and I'm sticking to it!) :geek:

Reactions: 871JZ

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's exactly the plug I have, it's just my photo had a cap off. And I do agree it is likely a dedicated ABS diagnostic port. So using it as a control signal for a switched accessories circuit is not a good idea. Will have to lift the tank to get to the accessories plug. Why would anyone place an accessories plug under the tank...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Everyone!
Thank you,
D. View attachment 46456 View attachment 46457
According to the ABS wiring diagram, this connector is a "Mode Select Coupler", so I guess, as suggested, it is for service/diagnostic purposes!
Rectangle Product Slope Font Parallel

·
Registered
2018 GSX-S1000F
53 Posts
I tried using it as a power plug. DON'T, it pops an error code

1 - 17 of 17 Posts