GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys I've posted my intro and now hoping to pick your brains.
I've gotten my 2nd GSXS1000 and am having clutch issues.
Firstly can anyone 100% confirm that the 2016 hasnt gotten a slipper clutch?
I've got massive clutch slip through the gears that only settles really above 6k on hard acceleration.
The friction plates don't look too bad and measure at 2.72mm across the friction material. Has anyone got the workshop manual that they can quickly confirm the wear limits for me please?

Thanks guys hope to see some of you on the road.
Dave

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,829 Posts
No slipper.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dekker, thanks for confirming. The plates are 2.72mm so above minimum but at the bottom end. I'm doing the old soaking overnight to see if there's any contamination in them then see if that improves it.
Cheers for the help much appreciated.

·
Administrator
479 Posts
Hi guys I've posted my intro and now hoping to pick your brains.
Firstly can anyone 100% confirm that the 2016 hasnt gotten a slipper clutch?

Thanks guys hope to see some of you on the road.
Dave
Slipper clutch started in 2018 on US bikes.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000FA
73 Posts
Did you buy the bike brand new? The friction material disc looks darker than it should be like it was heated up but the other disc's look very good. Have you tried setting your clutch cable slack?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Slipper clutch only came out on 2018+ models. Looks like you have some glazing going on, usually caused by using full synthetic oil when the bike has low mileage. I'd clean the pressure plates up with some scotch brite, replace the friction plates and fill some good semi-synthetic oil like amsoil, dont use motul its crap in these bikes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts