GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any advice? Always use isopropyl alcohol to clean 1st, but decals seem to not like sticking to the flat paint.
I bought a tank pad, the Suzuki acc. one, & am waiting to put it on until I hear anything that helps from you guys.
+ I took the warning stickers off tank too & they left some adhesive(even using Goo-Gone) & discoloration from not having sun in those spots since new. Pad is not going to cover all of both of the old warning sticker spots.
Any advice? Tips & tricks to get them to hold better?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Any advice? Always use isopropyl alcohol to clean 1st, but decals seem to not like sticking to the flat paint.
I bought a tank pad, the Suzuki acc. one, & am waiting to put it on until I hear anything that helps from you guys.
+ I took the warning stickers off tank too & they left some adhesive(even using Goo-Gone) & discoloration from not having sun in those spots since new. Pad is not going to cover all of both of the old warning sticker spots.
Any advice? Tips & tricks to get them to hold better?

Thank you in advance.
Hi warm up the area after cleaning with a hairdryer then once in place heat up the decal again and press down it shouldnt move (y)

·
Registered
150 Posts
I use 3M Adhesive Remover to get all that sticky residue off my stuff. Good idea to try on a lil place not seen but has always worked great and takes all the residue off.
After that if there’s still a color difference you could try some rubbing-compound, then polish, then wax and hopefully that would bring everything around those areas back to the same color tone. This is what I’d do with regular paint just not sure if the effects would be the same since it is a matte finish. Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts