GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. So I've been looking at slip-ons and keep finding some that are listed to fit 15-16s and others that state 17s and up. Is there a discernible difference from the 2016 and 2017 models that would make a difference with the slip-on? I'm specifically looking at the Leo Vince LV Pro as I have experience with Leo Vince and have had great results for what I've wanted out of them. Sorry if this is a noob question, but this is my first new bike since buying my 2006 GSX-R 600 brand new. I found a heck of a deal on a 2016 and jumped on it and have been loving it ever since. Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Take it from me “Mr. Slip-On”, there is no difference, they all fit. You can even look up 2019 Katana, will fit.

I have a LeoVince LV-10 Titanium from Europe for sale if you’re interested.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, thank you so much for the info! I was actually just looking at one of your posts before posting this thread lol. I have also been looking at the LV-10. I will definitely keep you in mind when I finally decide on one. How is the sound difference with the LV-10? Mind you I'll be keeping the stock cat and headers for now, but definitely want a little more acoustics as when I ride with my wife (her on my GSX-R) all I can hear is her bike and its Leo GP slip-on.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
The Titanium LV-10 is small and much lighter than stock, designed for the stock exhaust system. I’m sure it will be louder than stock

What I have for sale is the Titanium LV-10, not available in the U.S., has no “gravel screen” on the outlet, where all the U.S. stainless versions do.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The difference between exhausts on the OE bike setup is nothing, however to purchase a slip on exhaust for 2017 onwards you are directed to the E4 compliant version of the slip on. The E4 versions are designed so that the baffle/db killer insert is NON Removable. If you want the option to remove it buy the earlier year slip on. It still fits but the baffle/db killer can be removed.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The difference between exhausts on the OE bike setup is nothing, however to purchase a slip on exhaust for 2017 onwards you are directed to the E4 compliant version of the slip on. The E4 versions are designed so that the baffle/db killer insert is NON Removable. If you want the option to remove it buy the earlier year slip on. It still fits but the baffle/db killer can be removed.
Having recently bought a Remus (made in Austria) slip-on for my Triumph that had a similar "non-removable" clip welded on to keep the db killer in place, I can say that the tack weld was easily broken with a hammer and a flat screwdriver.

Now I'm not sure if the Suzuki version is any different without looking at it but just an FYI.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Good info there on the exhaust differences.;);)

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
now theres some good info....take it from me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts