GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
it's a Suzuki..............never get to use the warranty

Surely with all this customization you're voiding your warranty?
Amazing that have never ever had to use the warranty on Honda's and Suzuki's.

All others (kaw, yam not included) better get extended warranty and pray a lot:eek:;)

·
Registered
2,019 Posts

All others (kaw, yam not included) better get extended warranty and pray a lot:eek:;)
I've had great luck with Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha, and Kawasaki. ...but, I've seen the extended warranties pretty cheap at a couple of on-line Suzuki places. It's tempting for the piece of mind. I have some time before I have to decide, so I've put it off.
:D

·
Registered
217 Posts
if they had warranty for tires?.......sure i'll get it

I've had great luck with Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha, and Kawasaki. ...but, I've seen the extended warranties pretty cheap at a couple of on-line Suzuki places. It's tempting for the piece of mind. I have some time before I have to decide, so I've put it off.
:D
Suzuki confidence, don't need it, save your money ;)

The way i see it is that if something is to go wrong most likely would be electric (If some thing else it would happen in the first few thousand miles), but even then it's very reliable.

I guess i need to post proof of the 47k review (50 + now), notarized statement of facts, witnesses? photos?:eek:

I did post the clutch plates, the warranty does't cover that.:(

In all seriousness, if it's cheap it doesn't hurt.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Nice pipe!

Surely with all this customization you're voiding your warranty?
If you are careful, you'll be OK anyway. Seriously, if you have a major issue and require guarantee, just put everything back to stock before to bring it to dealer. Should not risk it. Done.

Oh and FYI, here in Canada, there was/is a promotion where we'd get 5years warranty for free! :p I thought that was pretty interesting. Never know. Glad to have it. But I would not personally have taken it if I had to pay for it.

·
Registered
980 Posts

I was glad to have the warranty on my DL1000 when I needed the ECU replaced. That would have been around $900 out of pocket.

Speaking of warranty, if you do your own maintenance, be sure to have receipts for any parts and supplies you use, like oil and filters. If I had not had that I don't think Suzuki would have ponied up. I pointed out that having receipts didn't prove I had changed the oil on schedule, but that didn't seem to matter. I actually had not kept receipts, but fortunately had bought it from Cycle Gear, where they looked up the sale and reprinted a receipt.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Why go for the PCV when a reflash gives so many more options, and adds no electronics (with a chance of failure) PCV seems like yesterdays technology. (no pun intended)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Why go for the PCV when a reflash gives so many more options, and adds no electronics (with a chance of failure) PCV seems like yesterdays technology. (no pun intended)
While I haven't dealt with an ECU flash, I have had flash failures on phones and computers before, usually it's irrecoverable. I'm not willing to risk my motorcycle.

Also, I just don't like any modifications I can't undo or tweak myself.

Not saying anything wrong with flashing, that's just why I went with Bazzaz (same concept as PCV), and won't flash. If I had a spare ECU, might try it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
While I haven't dealt with an ECU flash, I have had flash failures on phones and computers before, usually it's irrecoverable. I'm not willing to risk my motorcycle.

Also, I just don't like any modifications I can't undo or tweak myself.

Not saying anything wrong with flashing, that's just why I went with Bazzaz (same concept as PCV), and won't flash. If I had a spare ECU, might try it.
Woolich sells a kit so you can tweak youself. But i follow your worrying about flash failures.

A flash just has the whole package of tweaks, servo eliminator, sec. throttle openings, ignition timing, pair valve eliminator, launch control. In my book a reflash can do the same or more as: PCV, Healtech TRE, Pair eleiminator..... But i get the worries.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When i install PCV in any time i can back to stock motorcycle. It can be usefull when selling a bike.
Now i got 2 exhaust systems, 1 modified (opened) and second original from crashed gsx-s 1000 2017 (ofcourse undamaged) which I got practically for free.

In this case i can back to stock bike just in one hour in garage and still enjoy with warranty :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts