GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the 2017s are now out. I love the new mat gray color. Does anyone know if the throttle response issue has been addressed or if other tweaks have been made? Thanks

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
You're from the states, it's unlikely you'll have any throttle issues on a 2016 model since we don't have all the extra emission crap (California does, however).

·
Registered
333 Posts
Only one color available in the US for 2017... Gray.
the white version for euro is nice . even with rearset and pegs in black

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
boosterplug is crap man...

·
Registered
2015 GSX-S1000 ABS
1,606 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
I don't think the screen is any longer - maybe it's an illusion because of the color? (Note that the mirror stems are different among these 2 bikes)

·
Registered
849 Posts
Any idea where i can find the clear turn signal lenses? Those look much better than orange!
Order the clear ones from your dealership for the 2014-16 V-Strom 1000. There is one small tab on each one that has to be snapped off. Compare it to your stock yellow lens and you'll see which one. Snaps right off then fits like a glove. And yes, they do look MUCH better than amber.

·
Registered
144 Posts
2017 usa

I see the 2017s are now out. I love the new mat gray color. Does anyone know if the throttle response issue has been addressed or if other tweaks have been made? Thanks
just to update this, I have 2017, and the throttle/fueling/snathchy conditions described by everyone exist in the 2017 USA model. Whether or not its better/worse or different/same as 2015/2016 I cant say, (havent ridden)15/16) but its there. It isnt terrible but certainly room for improvement.

I still love the bike but I will work towards improvement/resolution.

I have my own opinions/theories but reading this forum it is interesting that there seems to be no consensus on the best path to address. Tps/boosterplug/throttle tamer/new ecu/pc have all been claimed to be the solution.

just an observation.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a 2016 F and i have still yet to experience this snatchiness everyone is complaining about. Currently has 300 miles on it. I am in Florida if that makes a difference..

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have a 2016 F and i have still yet to experience this snatchiness everyone is complaining about. Currently has 300 miles on it. I am in Florida if that makes a difference..
I am also in Florida. I was/am only suggesting that noticeable improvement potential exists for the one I have,, not unlike most bikes, some more than others. i believe the OP was for 2017.

I doubt anyone's bike is that different but the subjective and environmental factors impact the experience.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am also in Florida. I was/am only suggesting that noticeable improvement potential exists for the one I have,, not unlike most bikes, some more than others. i believe the OP was for 2017.

I doubt anyone's bike is that different but the subjective and environmental factors impact the experience.
where abouts in florida? I'm in SW, fort myers to be specific. We just took a nice 200+ mile ride today up around lake placid.. still haven't found that throttle snatch everyone is talking about..
Would love to see what this bike can do with a nice tune and maybe some exhaust mods!

I think the real answer for the touchy throttle is to have a proper ECU tune performed for your specific model. Adjusting fuel alone doesnt seem to be enough, as a lot of these tuned dyno sheets still have a dip in the torque curve. Don at Guhl motors said he would have something available in a few months (similar to what you can get through schnitz, or woolich, or FTecu, however i dont think they've really done all they can with the map.). Once someone comes up with a proper tune which matches fuel, SDTV openings, and timing, we will really see what this engine can do. there should be a massive improvement in torque delivery and power UNDER the curve.
ecu flashing isn't just for fuelling or changing rev limits, turning off o2 sensors blah blah.. the entire map should be edited to work together.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts