GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The All New 2017 Suzuki GSX-R1000 Finally Debuts

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/2017-suzuki-gsx-r1000r/

Suzuki have jumped on the electronic powerhouse 'Inertial Management Unit' bandwagon to stay relevant compared to the other superbikes, but what they have done inside the engine with their mechanical variable valve timing for top end horsepower and the broad power system for low down grunt.

I don't like the new breed of everything electronic, but that engine does make me want to have a go on one!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha ha ha! Indeed. Makes the Hayabusa exhausts look normal. If dealers have any sense, they will only put them on the shop floor with a Yoshi slip-on already attached.

·
Registered
415 Posts
For it to become competitive with the top tier bikes it had to go down this path. I'm all for it, elements of the tech will eventually find its way into the street bikes like the Gixxes. I wish the bloody Europeans cocks in Brussels would quit with their emissions fetishes though.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For it to become competitive with the top tier bikes it had to go down this path. I'm all for it, elements of the tech will eventually find its way into the street bikes like the Gixxes. I wish the bloody Europeans cocks in Brussels would quit with their emissions fetishes though.
Agreed. I'm a grumpy old git that just sees the enhanced electronics packages raise servicing costs and make second hand purchases more of a risky proposition. I like my bikes analogue. ****, I almost didn't buy the GSXS because of the electronics! It was only because it has an 'off' button that I did.

I like that Suzuki has innovated in the engine department still, though. That mechanical variable valve timing sounds very impressive. I do worry with everyone moving to a 6-axis IMU, which is the same unit from Bosch I believe, on all the current crop of bikes that we are edging towards an era where regardless of styling choices and interesting new colourways we will all be riding around on essentially the same bike. In that regard, Ducati's new SuperSport offering is inspired. Much like our beloved GSXS. Except our GSXS is better. :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
If it had taller bars I would get one. It might only want to turn right though with that exhaust weighing down the right hand side.

·
Registered
974 Posts
That exhaust though......:eek:

Photo shopped, even if it wasn't I wish our bike come out like this , why , cause I'm guessing it has the muffler and cat all built into the end can and one clamp removes the lot leaving just the headers ready for a slip on and just swap it back in 2 minutes for roadworthy compliance anywhere around the world.

Reactions: unload

·
Registered
496 Posts
Photo shopped, even if it wasn't I wish our bike come out like this , why , cause I'm guessing it has the muffler and cat all built into the end can and one clamp removes the lot leaving just the headers ready for a slip on and just swap it back in 2 minutes for roadworthy compliance anywhere around the world.
The cat won't be in the end can.
Best you could hope for is a joint before the cat so you could bolt it on/off

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
974 Posts
The cat won't be in the end can.
Best you could hope for is a joint before the cat so you could bolt it on/off

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Are you sure, they put them in the cans in other models, vstroms for one

·
Registered
90 Posts
They added the Showa balance free fork that the 16 zx10r had first. Very capable set up. I am very surprised that the "R" model comes with rubber brake lines though. My 2015 R1 has stainless lines from the T to the caliper but not from the master cylinder to the T. And the rear was all rubber. My 16 ZX10r has full braided lines front and rear, brembo master (which is awesome), and M50 calipers. The biggie for the GSXR is the IMU. I can tell you for those who are opposed to electronic control (I get it my favorite bike was my RC51) the new generation of super bikes are easier to go faster around a race track, period. That is really all that matters in that class of bike.

·
Registered
156 Posts
When you see the basic model up close its nothing special...I personally hate the look of it and i've seen all the colours.
new dash looks cheap, switches etc are just reworked versions of ours...forks are basically 5 yrs old , shock about a decade old and the build quality is a bit iffy on the plastic...if i didn't know better i'd have thought it was a chinese knock off...just doesnt look like a flagship model ...so i dont see where the 30% price hike came from...if its all due to the engine and electronic then im just not getting why it looks so awful and having sat on 1...**** it uncomfortable...give me the old model anyday especially if its a K7 or 8 in black like my old one.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
New GSXR1000 TPS Non Adjustable

Hi Guys,
You Blokes are getting too distracted by the 'Accessory' in that posted Picture !

I was searching The You Tuber for an Owner Review and there was a comment under a video I thought a bit worrying.

A UK Guy had bought blind a new 2017 GSXR1000 and has already traded it on a Triumph 675R, for 600 UKP change over.
The reason given : jerky throttle !

Took it to the Service Tech Man to get the bike looked over and see if the TPS could be better adjusted (Must been looking here).

The outcome ?
The TPS is non adjustable as the poster quoted the Service Techhy as "It's sealed over".

Any thoughts ?

Rob.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I obviously haven't seen it, but usually if things are just sealed, they can be un-sealed (like carb adjustment screws). I bet someone figures it out.

If I remember correctly, I think we actually got the TPS adjustment idea from a Gixxer forum.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I obviously haven't seen it, but usually if things are just sealed, they can be un-sealed (like carb adjustment screws). I bet someone figures it out.

If I remember correctly, I think we actually got the TPS adjustment idea from a Gixxer forum.
I was doing it on my Bandit 15 years ago, when the small adjustment screw was flat slotted aluminium with a round head that had dry thread lock on it.
A real 'one use' screw if ever there was one that makes the Torx screw a real upgrade.

Rob.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts