GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! So I decided to go forward with that purchase for the gsxs from the other thread I made. I'm looking for a nice tail kit. I tried to find the kit from the video below, but no luck.

Do you have any good suggestions for a nice tail cleanup that uses the stock directions! Also, are there other must-get parts fit the the bike? Shock? Sliders? Dampened? Etc!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
This link should take you to that tail tidy. I have it and it’s nice. I also have their frame sliders but they don’t offer them anymore. I also have. K-tech shock and it’s awesome.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This link should take you to that tail tidy. I have it and it’s nice. I also have their frame sliders but they don’t offer them anymore. I also have. K-tech shock and it’s awesome.
Dude!!! Thank you so much!! Placing an order now. You're awesome.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just Installed the yoshimura fender eliminator, took about two hours...hardest part was splicing license plate wires lol...but works great and looks really good

·
Registered
643 Posts
Nope. You just unplug the lights pull them out with the factory piece and swap them over. Install and plug them in again. You omit the spacer from the plate light.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I am going the other way and refitting a stock unit, should be able to sell the tail tidy on easily enough.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I am going in the opposite direction and refitting the stock tail unit, should be able to sell on the R+G unit.

·
Registered
217 Posts
That tail that look ugly to you guys is there for some good reasons. Where are the red reflectors the go on the sides? Those are the ones that may save your life when crossing for others to see you and still they may have time to break and not hitting you.

For me at least, the first one is to avoid getting my back or my stop light full of dirt when I hit a wet area and the most important reason is for others to see you when you are crossing.

I did the big mistake to removing the rear fender of my Grom and I get my back dirty every time I pass thru a wet place.
So far, I have not changed anything on my GSXS1000, I love the way it is now.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I am going the other way and refitting a stock unit, should be able to sell the tail tidy on easily enough.
Good for you! Looking cool or good not always is the best way to go, better to be safe than sorry.
Worse thing that can happen to a motorcycle rider is: "Sorry man, I did not see you"
Lights & noise is what makes people aware that you are there.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hey all! So I decided to go forward with that purchase for the gsxs from the other thread I made. I'm looking for a nice tail kit. I tried to find the kit from the video below, but no luck.

Do you have any good suggestions for a nice tail cleanup that uses the stock directions! Also, are there other must-get parts fit the the bike? Shock? Sliders? Dampened? Etc!

Thanks!!
Make sure you keep your stop light clean all the time so others can see you when you stop. Remember now you don't have reflectors on the sides. How are they going to see you when you are crossing?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Everyone has their own threshold for risk and inconvenience. If you want to avoid all that there's plenty of small, safe cuv/suv vehicles on the market. If you expect your reflectors to save your ass, good luck with that.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Everyone has their own threshold for risk and inconvenience. If you want to avoid all that there's plenty of small, safe cuv/suv vehicles on the market. If you expect your reflectors to save your ass, good luck with that.
Well, I don't take even small chances, my ass is more important than how beautiful my bike may look after I modify it compromising my safety.
I try to listening to my instructor. I'm told he has seen one or two things in his life of motorcycling.
I wish you good luck to all you guys who modify your bikes compromising your safety that someone does not tell you: "Sorry man, I did not see you"
Also, bikes are not dolls that are meant to be beautiful, they are vehicles for transportation. It's a good horse with an engine and wheels.

·
Registered
217 Posts
John you would be good friends with @LEAVEITSTOCK lol. But all good points nonetheless.
It is very unfortunate that many of us don't like others telling us what to do, but what it is really fortunate is the fact that others who have experience can tell us how we should ride our bikes, how to dress appropriately, how to maintain our bikes, don't mess with the bike (this thing can and will kill you), be humble, learn, practice, get classes, get training to maintain or fix the bike, etc. This is serious business, really is not a joke, it is not a laughing matter. I take it very, very seriously.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Like I said there are lots of safe vehicles you can choose to drive. Your choice to ride a motorcycle, with all it's reflectors, lights and whateverinthefuck you glue on additionally is still a higher risk level than a rav4. We make our own choices.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts