GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my bike yesterday and it seemed to be a good deal to me. I paid 8799.00 for the bike and with fees, taxes, assembly and all that jazz it was 10,300.00 out the door. Bought mine in Plano Texas. They had one more that was available in white.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey Hiline, did you buy yours from AJ and Jason? They sold me my white 2018 S1000F. Mine has had no problem other than a somewhat overly sensitive throttle (100% solved with a Throttle Tamer). The bike now has 2800 miles on it, and seems to have gotten smoother over time (not that it was ever rough). Handlebars vibrated a bit at 6400 rpm so I filled them with BBs and installed some heavier bar end weights and that cured that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought mine from Tom and AJ. Great folks and easy to work with. I have a buddy that has a 2016 that had throttle problems that he has since got fixed. I am going to let him ride it today to get his opinion since I have not had this paticular bike before.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Right on par as myself I paid 10,040 out the door for my 18 but mine is naked. I think several bit cheaper than faired. So we got a pretty fair price.

Don’t worry about the throttle, it can be fixed. Just get used to it. There’s plenty manuals and stuff for maintenance and plastic removals

What color?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congrats on the new bike Hiline! I'm about 2hrs SE of you. Two of you spoke positively of the folks you bought from. What dealership?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Another vote for Plano Kawasaki Suzuki.

Bought my 2016 GSXS there and traded it for a 2017 GSX-R1000 there about a year and a half later. Nothing wrong with the Gixxus, just HAD to have the new Gixxer.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Welcome, now we have another one in the DFW area. We almost have enough for a meet if we can get some decent weather.
I'm ready! The weather will be nice the next few days and I'm fine with "impromptu." How many do we have? I started a list of DFW owners a while back but we probably need a new thread for people to chime in.

Stromer
Gixxerjasen
Hiline1
DJ99
GSX-S1K
I have FB friend, Blake who's local, not sure if he's on the board here.

That's the beginnings of a good group.

Ron

1 - 20 of 24 Posts