GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suzuki Canada has updated there website to include a 2018 blacked-out GSX-S1000Z to go with the blue/black and red/black standard and F version. Suzuki lists more power and a slipper clutch on all versions. Price has increased by $1000 over the 2016 model, there is no listing of a 2017 model year.

·
Registered
719 Posts
already talked about in other threads

its called the phantom version in UK

The slipper clutch may not actually be a new thing just a rebranded thing......my understanding is that 2015 and 2016 have a "torque limiting" clutch.....sounds slipper like to me.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Suzuki Canada has updated there website to include a 2018 blacked-out GSX-S1000Z to go with the blue/black and red/black standard and F version. Suzuki lists more power and a slipper clutch on all versions. Price has increased by $1000 over the 2016 model, there is no listing of a 2017 model year.
I like the all black naked but I think I like the blue current model better that the black/blue.

·
Registered
141 Posts
so they have completely cancelled the flat grey and went with an all black but only in the naked version?

very nice, now the grey is a "special edition" type color lol HELLO RE-SALE VALUE! lol

·
Registered
538 Posts
so they have completely cancelled the flat grey and went with an all black but only in the naked version?

very nice, now the grey is a "special edition" type color lol HELLO RE-SALE VALUE! lol
When I was buying mine I asked the salesman how many he had sold, since April 16 (30th June 16) the dearlership had sold 43 of them, 22 blue, 17 red and 4 grey. He said grey wasn't very popular with anyone in the showroom but looked better outside, this is why all there demos were grey.

Can't say the grey does a lot for me stood next to the red model, i think it needs more colour less grey like the mt 09 with the yellow wheels, the grey is certainly better than the grey Yamaha is using.
Blue reminds me of the mg zr and I hate them with a passion, think it would look better being darker.
Red looks the best (can you guess which i bought) but I wish it had the same panels painted as the blue model

Looking at the sales figures I'm sure I'll get slated but just my 2p

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Anyone have more info about the "more power" bit? Been looking around all to no avail...

·
Registered
974 Posts
Not sure but why do they need to put another letter on the name
So now you can buy a GSX-S1000FAZ

·
Registered
101 Posts
Was finally able to find info about the new-found power:
"Suzuki’s flagship super-naked gets a power-hike for 2017, with the GSX-S1000 now producing 150hp at 10,000rpm, thanks to new crankcase ventilation holes, while a new slipper clutch aids in smoother downshifts. Torque is also up to 108Nm at 9,500rpm." (the latter working out to 80 lb-ft).....
Suzuki GSX-S1000 Gets More Power and Slipper Clutch for 2017

sound like interesting gains

·
Registered
101 Posts
Found this on the superbike-news Web site:
"Suzuki’s flagship super-naked gets a power-hike for 2017, with the GSX-S1000 now producing 150hp at 10,000rpm, thanks to new crankcase ventilation holes, while a new slipper clutch aids in smoother downshifts. Torque is also up to 108Nm (NB: 80 lb-ft) at 9,500rpm."

a nice update....

·
Registered
974 Posts
Ok where's my drill gone, should I drill in the top of the crank case or the bottom :)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Ok where's my drill gone, should I drill in the top of the crank case or the bottom :)

Seriously!!

I'm very interested to get one of these 2017 ventilated crankcases and install it on my 2016!

Should be a good fit!!

Any info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Seriously!!

I'm very interested to get one of these 2017 ventilated crankcases and install it on my 2016!

Should be a good fit!!

Any info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that 150 crank or whp?
I thought I recalled reading something about one of the engineers letting slip "off the record" that our engines were actually making somewhere in the 160's for power..
I'm all for more power, but there seems to be multiple "standard power figures" floating around. I'd love to see 150 at the wheel

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just make one ;)
Did you use paint or plastidip? When I want to "murder out" my black and red naked for awhile, I'll plastidip it for a couple of months, the peel it off when i get bored. :D

·
Registered
152 Posts

Did all with plastidip... Looks and feels great!
It was a Red Black one.
Excellent... looks just like mine, errrr how mine will look, lol. Thanks for the pic, looks great! >:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts