GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , are there any differences between these models?

Looks like my deal with the 2019 is falling through , however a 2018 with less miles , No exhaust mod but Mods that I would definitely put on (Bar end mirrors & ASV Levers) are pre equipped!

& 3k cheaper . . . . If anyone could let me know be much appreciated! Cheers:)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe the only difference between the 18 & 19 is the throttle tube.
Buy the 18 - I love mine.

brought the 18 ; VERY FRICKIN PLEASED :D

So much fun , 280miles when i grabbed it 3 days ago , 620 now :eek::D:laugh: 1st service booked , better tyres ordered & the performance enhancements begin

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Could be worse... you could get a 2020 Katana for $13,500 usd with a smaller tank and uglier. But it does have the cool new throttle tube. ;)
BTW, I don't mean to disparage anyone who has a Katana. Look at me... I'm riding an F. Most consider it the ugly step child of the family. Looks are in the eyes of the beholder.

:D

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1500 miles later , i have to say I really like this machine , the boosterplug has ironed out the throttle ("issue") character ; which I admittedly got used to. The sprint Air filter has made a marginal acceleration difference as has my recent oil change.

but the addition of the MRA sports touring Screen has proved a wise investment , I hit 130mph & felt nothing (reminds me that Michelin Pilot Road is 4s have also been a useful aid

Cheers for the recommendations

1 - 12 of 12 Posts