GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put 400 miles on my 2018 F I got it this winter from Ohio with 1800 miles on it and I am in Rochester NY.
The bike had the on off Shuga, shuga, throttle yes “real MEN smoke cigarettes and cigars” and all, they learn how to adjust and adapt to crappy situation(to each his own). So like the majority I was researching everything ECU reflash$$$$$.. power commander$$$$$.. TPS position $ ....... throttle tamer$......healtech TRE$$..... turn ignition on hold throttle wide open for three seconds and let go maybe one time maybe three times while standing on my head stuff. blah, blah blah.
so what I did, is bought the the 2019 and newer Suzuki throttle tube part number 57110-07L00 ($12) with a different cam groove channel. 5 minutes i had replaced the 2018 and older factory throttle tube and went out for a ride.

My finding 10 miles test ride (it’s 30 degrees here hands were getting cold and I had to get my kids from school)
is the low (going from closed to opening) throttle shaga, shaga is 80-90% eliminated ($12) 5 minutes. I compared this from riding it couple days ago with the original throttle tube and I really had to slowly slowly gently gently crack open the throttle to not have the bike do the jerk jerk. sometime no matter how mindful I was I got the jerk or lurch.

****I don’t have to do that any more***** being ham fisted with it will get you the snap shuga, shuga Lurch.
( I did adjust the chain and throttle free play to factory spec too)

So since I commute on my bikes in rush hour traffic I don’t have the patience to slowly slowly gently gently turn the throttle when I need to get out of some idiots way or take my lane before someone thinks they own all four lanes around them or someone thinks you know what your life doesn’t matter and they will literally run you of the road because they think they are in entitled to do so...

I will report more as I put more miles and different riding situation. It looks like the partial throttle on off is helped too but again like to put some more miles on to confirm.

Hope this helps. Be safe out there.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Waiting for the weather to warm up to try my '19 tube.

·
Registered
309 Posts

So since I commute on my bikes in rush hour traffic I don’t have the patience to slowly slowly gently gently turn the throttle when I need to get out of some idiots way or take my lane before someone thinks they own all four lanes around them or someone thinks you know what your life doesn’t matter and they will literally run you of the road because they think they are in entitled to do so...
My own advice: take out ALL of the free play in the throttle. I also commute, and I want the throttle to instantly respond to ANY change, and it can't do that if there's any slack at all. I hate slack in the throttle cable.

After removing the slack, make sure to turn the steering full left and right to check that the throttle doesn't get pulled open unintentionally (mine doesn't).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That and adjusted the clutch lever and the chain is set to tighter side of factory spec. Start with the basics. Don’t assume what someone else has done. When I bought the bike the dealer never checked anything on the bike example it had 20psi in the tires (Basic adjustments where not in spec) and I was planning on riding it home 4 hours away. I call it “the human factor”.

·
Registered
187 Posts
You've examined the rest now try the best, for US$200 a boosterplug from boosterplug.com ; I have one on mine and all the snatchiness goes ; look up boosterplug on this site

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nice find. The throttle tamer does exactly that - changes cam profiles. Much better price for the OEM part though!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I decided to fit some heated grips (Oxford),to my 2018 GSX S1000 F, then thought while I doing this why not change the throttle tube from the 2019 models.
Well, what a difference this tube makes, it's made riding the bike far more enjoyable and for under $30.00 AU you can't go wrong.
With the heated grips I did look at OME but at $381.00 plus reading what you guys had said about them, I decided to go for the Oxford as mentioned before $99.99 delivered.
One last thing, someone mentioned the booster plug, to fix throttle issues I bought one and felt I had just waisted $300.00 + noticed no or very little difference.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put 400 miles on my 2018 F I got it this winter from Ohio with 1800 miles on it and I am in Rochester NY.
The bike had the on off Shuga, shuga, throttle yes “real MEN smoke cigarettes and cigars” and all, they learn how to adjust and adapt to crappy situation(to each his own). So like the majority I was researching everything ECU reflash$$$$$.. power commander$$$$$.. TPS position $ ....... throttle tamer$......healtech TRE$$..... turn ignition on hold throttle wide open for three seconds and let go maybe one time maybe three times while standing on my head stuff. blah, blah blah.
so what I did, is bought the the 2019 and newer Suzuki throttle tube part number 57110-07L00 ($12) with a different cam groove channel. 5 minutes i had replaced the 2018 and older factory throttle tube and went out for a ride.

My finding 10 miles test ride (it’s 30 degrees here hands were getting cold and I had to get my kids from school)
is the low (going from closed to opening) throttle shaga, shaga is 80-90% eliminated ($12) 5 minutes. I compared this from riding it couple days ago with the original throttle tube and I really had to slowly slowly gently gently crack open the throttle to not have the bike do the jerk jerk. sometime no matter how mindful I was I got the jerk or lurch.

I don’t have to do that any more* being ham fisted with it will get you the snap shuga, shuga Lurch.

I will report more as I put more miles and different riding situation. It looks like the partial throttle on off is helped too but again like to put some more miles on to confirm.

Hope this helps. Be safe out there.
I bought a 2016 GSX S1000 with less than 200 miles on the clock for $5,000 figuring on having to fix the ECU/throttle issues and maybe suspension. The throttle.was as bad as I thought, specially on rough roads. Probably why the owner sold it.
I had Dano Performance map the ECU, he advised no need to change TPS, it was measuring 1,10 volts. and showing low on the on-board test. Dano did: Fuel Maps; ignition maps; set fan temp to 205/196, removed speed limiter, remove secondary throttle plate restrictions, and disabled fuel cut on deceleration. And I installed a Throttle Tamer. The bike is much better now, power and throttle response is great.
Suspension might get the Race Tech treatment, but its not a priority.
I also have a CB 1100 and the two are totally different, the CB is for relaxed riding, the GS is all about performance, fast riding on mountain roads, where riding skill and attention are rewarded.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts