GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m was planning to buy a 2020 GSXS 1000 and decided to wait for the 2021 bikes to see if anything has been changed for the new model year. I read a review stating that the 2021 bikes will be using a motor design that came out after the K5.
I hear so many good things about the K5 motor and am wondering if the 2020 is the way to go?

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
All of the GSX Engines are derived from the K5. That has been one of their marketing bullet points from the start (2016?).
You can probably get a better deal on a 2020, but it's always nice to have the latest and greatest. Suzuki claims a little more power for 2021. But really, it boils down to: What color do you want? ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All of the GSX Engines are derived from the K5. That has been one of their marketing bullet points from the start (2016?).
You can probably get a better deal on a 2020, but it's always nice to have the latest and greatest. Suzuki claims a little more power for 2021. But really, it boils down to: What color do you want? ;)
I thought I wanted the all black bike until I saw a gray with red wheels. That may be the one.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I must admit that I like the gray with red. I love my "old" Triton Blue 2016 and it has been a gem. I don't think you can go wrong either way. Good luck on your decision! (and post up when you buy). :)

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I like the Suzuki Team Blue, because I am a wannabe - but never have been - and never will be - a racer.:)
Come on Mir and Rins. (y)

Reactions: mike d and Manuel

·
Registered
23 Posts
Tough choice :). All black is just badass and the gray with red wheels looks so cool...Ah, they all look good.
We really are spoiled.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Come on Mir and Rins. (y)
I have to say that for the longest time, the Suzuki MotoGP bike has looked the nicest. That is, before they all started to add those aero contraptions that make them all look like a mutated dragonfly...

But I digress...

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I have to say that for the longest time, the Suzuki MotoGP bike has looked the nicest. That is, before they all started to add those aero contraptions that make them all look like a mutated dragonfly...

But I digress...
;)
Now why does that make me think about the "F" version ?;)
Oops, no offense.:)

Reactions: gritty and Manuel

·
Registered
841 Posts
I sold my 2016 GSXS and bought a Super Duke GT. It was god-awful FAST and fun but never fit me well. I sold it and bought a Polaris RZR SxS, and now I need another GSXS, so I'm waiting to see the 21's as well. The bike is basically unchanged since it's introduction here in 2015 and could use a refresher. LED lights, newer look, much better instrumentation an much better rear shock! Oh, and would a hydraulic clutch braided brake lines be too much to ask for?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I tried the Super Duke GT, too. It is an interesting bike. Too easy to ride, I found - no throttle snatch :)

With the state of the global economy (although bike sales are not doing bad!), I am not sure we will a refreshed GSX-S too soon. But there is always hope - very curious to see if it will happen. I guess you are bang-on on the updates that are needed (minus the clutch, that's unlikely, as nice as it sounds though!) - and I would also take their anniversary livery too. I think it looks great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts