GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a dealer for a test ride on the new Hayabusa yesterday and I was staggered how good it was, truly brilliant. I won't rattle on about the test ride too much here but I do have a question regarding suspension. What Suzuki have done with this bikes bouncy bits is remarkable, it almost irons the road flat. I was riding on tatty B roads and you barely notice anything about the crap road surface but all the feedback is there. Anyway, I have a Nitron NTR1 and stock forks on my F and I was wanting to know if it's possible to get something this plush on the GSX. Any thoughts?馃

Registered
I went to a dealer for a test ride on the new Hayabusa yesterday and I was staggered how good it was, truly brilliant. I won't rattle on about the test ride too much here but I do have a question regarding suspension. What Suzuki have done with this bikes bouncy bits is remarkable, it almost irons the road flat. I was riding on tatty B roads and you barely notice anything about the crap road surface but all the feedback is there. Anyway, I have a Nitron NTR1 and stock forks on my F and I was wanting to know if it's possible to get something this plush on the GSX. Any thoughts?馃

View attachment 45395
It's been said before but the Hayabusa makes so much sense when you're behind the bars. I dare say the extra weight and wheelbase length would help but clearly they still have the suspension sorted for which they should be commended.
I don't see why the gsxs can't be greatly improved, after replacing my rear shock it really highlighted the issues in the front. A revalve and springs would sort it out. I can live with mine, I'll just avoid riding anything better. Ignorance is bliss 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's been said before but the Hayabusa makes so much sense when you're behind the bars. I dare say the extra weight and wheelbase length would help but clearly they still have the suspension sorted for which they should be commended.
I don't see why the gsxs can't be greatly improved, after replacing my rear shock it really highlighted the issues in the front. A revalve and springs would sort it out. I can live with mine, I'll just avoid riding anything better. Ignorance is bliss 馃榿
I was surprised at how good it was in ordinary circumstances, around town and back roads. I think I'll give somebody like K-Tech a call and see what they have to say. Perhaps my rear is fine, although I do see quite a bit of the TC light. I might have a look at making some changes in adjustments although I'm no expert.

I think you have a good strategy in avoiding certain bikes! :LOL: (y)

Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
Regarding comfort, the weight of the bike is a significant factor. As I found out from my B-King experience but obviously you still need good suspension.

Reactions: Rusty

Registered

View attachment 45395
Beautiful!

Registered
I had an old hayabusa for 10 years and loved it, I can only imagine how great the new one is.

Registered
Regarding comfort, the weight of the bike is a significant factor. As I found out from my B-King experience but obviously you still need good suspension.
I agree. My old Vfr750 is pretty much stock, which means the suspension is pretty soft, but taking into account the extra weight over the gsx-s it will float over the bumps no matter how bumpy the road, and be stable. It depends what you want. A really plush ride or great handling. For the money you can鈥檛 beat the gsx-s, but the rear shock is something Suzuki should be ashamed of putting on a bike.

Read Only
I guess im alone, my gsxs feels fine. I am 150lbs, but I ride w my gf 100lbs too, and we have no complaints about the suspension in general. ive never even adjusted it. I just rock it.

Registered
I guess im alone, my gsxs feels fine. I am 150lbs, but I ride w my gf 100lbs too, and we have no complaints about the suspension in general. ive never even adjusted it. I just rock it.
Mine feels fine on smooth roads. I鈥檝e ridden in the U.S. for many years and your roads are much smoother than ours. When I find a smooth road here I have no complaints. Carrying your gf is going to smooth the ride out. 馃憤馃徏

Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
ibwas the same , but my tweaking trait got the better of me when numerous folk said how much it i proved the ride , did some research & committed.......Stock suspension is sh1te 馃ぃ I'd struggle to appreciate this bike in its stock form now - like a pig in sh1t experiencing mud for the 1st time

Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
I suppose when your on a bike you don't see it & if the ride is good enough then the looks aren't important but the busa still has that bulbous whale on wheels look - id definitely like to try one though , a friend had an old one in burgundy that he hit silly speeds with

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I suppose when your on a bike you don't see it & if the ride is good enough then the looks aren't important but the busa still has that bulbous whale on wheels look - id definitely like to try one though , a friend had an old one in burgundy that he hit silly speeds with
I'd to hear what you thought of it if you tried one, I was stunned how good it was and comfortable in spite of the lean angle.

Registered
I used to own a gen 1 all black.
Put yoshi 4into1 power commander plus tre.
Had it up to 295kph one time and it was still pulling strong! :eek:

Registered
ibwas the same , but my tweaking trait got the better of me when numerous folk said how much it i proved the ride , did some research & committed.......Stock suspension is sh1te 馃ぃ I'd struggle to appreciate this bike in its stock form now - like a pig in sh1t experiencing mud for the 1st time
Once the Ohlins is on the rear I鈥檒l see if the front is satisfactory. I鈥檝e still got some spare forks, brakes, discs, off my 2005 gsxr1000, so they鈥檒l be worth trying. Chances are, knowing Suzuki, the Brembos will fit the K5 forks.

Registered

View attachment 45395
Sure like the new look of the busa 馃憤

Registered
the power and particularly torque of the new busa are enticing , i read a report on akrapovics exhaust upgrade only delivering 7hp, but the beast puts out 110ft lb of torque , very enticing, just the weight figure puts me right off 260+kg.....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the power and particularly torque of the new busa are enticing , i read a report on akrapovics exhaust upgrade only delivering 7hp, but the beast puts out 110ft lb of torque , very enticing, just the weight figure puts me right off 260+kg.....
Yes. the weight is hard to miss but it's well balanced and, as usual, once rolling it disappears.
Try one out perhaps (y)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts