GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The latest (Jul-Aug)Australian Motorcycle News has an extensive review and is full of detail and praise. It reads, "capacity, bore and stroke , compression remain the same but with new camshafts, camchain and valve springs, along with a new slipper clutch and exhaust being the most significant changes.There's also new electronics,new dash , up and down quickshifter as standard and traction control with more refinement." The new bike has three ride modes and ABS, holds one moe litre of fuel, and revs 1000 rpm higher.
The article goes on to describe that although it doesn't have all the electronics of other current superbikes, he believes that is a relief and that everything is there that you need, together with the brilliant K5 motor.
It seems they've got everything right but left the same OEM pogo stick rear shock. I would be pleased to have one and put on all my changes on my 2015 on this new beauty; a proper rear shock, Wilbers 641, removed catalytic convverer and replaced with black widow 4 into ones through the OEM muffler. K & N airfilter with the plastic baffle from under the airbox removed. A Lust lowering kit so I can get my feet on the ground, and that would amount to the best bike on the road. To quote the author, " He says when comparing it with overburdened electronics which its competitors have that he could buy 1.9 Suzukis for one basic Ducati street fighter.

Registered
Now if you can get it for $10K OTD then it will be an excellent deal. As market conditions are right now dealers don't want to reduce a penny from the retail price. $12,600 + setup fee, taxes and license in CA we maybe talking about $17K OTD. No thanks.
Recently I got a Kawasaki Z650 ABS 2021. I paid full retail, more expensive than my GSXS1000:unsure:
I'm still thinking on replacing the rear shock. You guys are right, I really need it. I'll ride it more often when I replace the rear shock.:LOL:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now if you can get it for $10K OTD then it will be an excellent deal. As market conditions are right now dealers don't want to reduce a penny from the retail price. $12,600 + setup fee, taxes and license in CA we maybe talking about $17K OTD. No thanks.
Recently I got a Kawasaki Z650 ABS 2021. I paid full retail, more expensive than my GSXS1000:unsure:
I'm still thinking on replacing the rear shock. You guys are right, I really need it. I'll ride it more often when I replace the rear shock.:LOL:
The Wilbers 641 with reservoir under the seat, fitted by a mechanic completely renewed my GSXS- goodbye pogo stick

Registered
Because at that price you can get a kawasaki Z H2
Disclaimer: My green blood has now fully returned to a normal Suzuki 2 Bike's in the Garage, Blue.

It's a good 6 months plus since I rode the Z H2. My belief now is that the Regulars here would prefer the GSX-S.
The GSX-S is alive from above idle. The H2 is very docile past idle to below 4 - 5,000 RPM, the weight and bulk then become a negative.
The shock is as over compressed as or a bit more than the Suzuki to allow form squatting when she does open up. Harsh over sharp edged bumps.
Wait for a second version if you want a more satisfying all rounder in the Z H2, it's not here yet and may never come.

Rob.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts