GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Quietest bikes I ever rode were naked bikes with no windscreen at all. I'm 5'9" but not long wasted so my height is in my inseam at 32". Most windscreens do not bother me all that much. I'm hoping the Suzuki has my head more in the airstream than buffeting wind off a windscreen. I hate the look of their touring screen it just yells buffeting to me with the straight up profile it has. I think mine is ready for pick up today. No word from them but a person I am friends with that works there said he saw the PDI test ride early this morning on it. Even though I told them over and over no miles on it. They have honored that in the past with no issues not sure why it was seen this morning heading out. Hoping that was the ride from the back of the shop area to the delivery bay which is way up on the hill in front of the building. This place is huge so pushing a bike or wheeler not an option. They have a specified spot for picking up new bikes. I was going to ride it home but my wife has a doctors appointment which doesn't line up with when I can knock off work here today. So I guess I'll use my little Kendon dual trailer and fire up the Duramax truck and go get it that way. I have a trailer with the Pitbull setup on it and I have the correct pins for this bike already. The Pitbull setup uses no straps. But that trailer is way down behind my house on the property and I'd have to get the side by side buggy to get it the Duramax truck is to heavy to go back there off road. The Kendon is a stand up trailer and in my garage up against the wall by the truck

Real world problems.....

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Well I have not paid for the bike yet so I will see about it once I go get it. Which may not be today since no ones bothered to call me and inform me it is ready for pick up. I typically do not go chase anyone to give money away.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I'm with you on that. THEY need your money...THEY can do some work to earn it. My experience so far with this Suzuki dealer is that they think they're doing YOU a favor. During this process, I got an email from the sales guy saying he'd call me to discuss the deposit/order. Told him I'd be home. That was 8 AM. He calls at almost 5 PM. I said something about being a little more responsive. His reply was that he was "in sales and went where the money is...", which I took to mean my deposit wasn't getting him a commission or whatever. I guess he hadn't yet figured out that being "in sales" means treating everyone the same, since you never know when someone's going to make a big purchase. The world today...
I agree 100% todays workers just do what ever and do not really care.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
No panniers yet I am not even going up there. No one knows when they’ll be here. Suzuki rep no help. Suzuki no help in fact no one there to even talk to I guess they’re closed up for the day. I was told I can come get home but have to return it when panniers come in for the keying. Screw all that they should have arrived with the bike! Not liking how this is going so far. People riding my bike I’ve not even seen, no panniers with it. No I formation on when. Oh well I don’t chase products or business.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Let me play opposing role

they produced bikes as fast as they could and shipped them out to be delivered. They was hoping the bags would arrive same time. It doesn’t make sense to ship bags to Japan to reshoot to our country.

would you rather have bike and no bags asap? Or wait a month for Suzuki to gaurantee bags and such and ship w bike.
Idk. Works for me
Bike with the bags or no bike. It’s like an I owe you. I don’t do that either. They built the bike about two months ago. The bags should have been ready to go then. They’ve known their order base for months now. Lot of excuses and I’m not liking the trend I’m seeing. Bags arrive with bike over and over then mine shows up and no bags or eta or anyone to even talk to about it. Just buy the bike is all I hear. I don’t buy a pair of shoes with one on the pretense I’ll eventually get the other. The delays I’ve seen were in Europe not the the US bikes which started to deliver last week. I’m pushing a week after my bike arrived and no bags. Not buying this as a incomplete bike. I’m purchasing it solely because I wanted the bags above all.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
@BEARR I am 5'9" tall with 32" inseam and my head is fully in the wind and it is not turbulent or buffeting and in a way just like my 2016 Naked GSXS1000 I had that had no windscreen. I fell the wind but its just wind not a buffeting bumping your head all over the place or noise. I am used to having no wind hit my helmet so i am getting used to that wind in the face thing again. My cardo headset makes the noise for now.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
The guys updated yesterday via fb

they all confirmed at few hundred miles zero cc issues

i truly believe there’s a nanny preventing routine use til engines breaks in

all ones mentioned said it fixed self with miles. Bet 600
I was told yesterday not a good idea to use the CC during break in but I already knew that was a bad idea holding a steady rpm on a new engine. Seems Suzuki thinks so to and limits its use until 600 miles or more.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
All I know is...the shorter the screen, the quieter. I've spent $$$ chasing quiet via taller screens and it's been money down the drain. From the look of it, the GT screen seems short enough to work for me, but if you're 6' and experiencing noise, then I don't know...
True I added a zero gravity double bubble to my GSXRR and hate it, loudest thing I have on the bike and with buffeting. The stock screen was windy but no noise or buffeting. Waiting for someone in my riding crowd to tell me they want the zero gravity double bubble and off it comes.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I sit normal and nothing but clean air in my helmet. Tuck a little and get windscreen buffeting. Not sure I’d want taller screen on this bike just asking for turbulence imo. I’m a small guy though at 5’9” 133 lbs with 32” inseam in pants. Bike fits me like a glove in every aspect to the legs to the seat to the slight forward lean. Love the wider bars verses my 16 naked. The throttle response in A mode is crazy quick. I’ve lit the TC light up easily with it on 4 and new crappy tires. I normally won’t use that high a TC but I hate and do not trust a dunlop tire. I’m just so over the moon on this bikes ergonomics for me. My boney butt doesn’t think the seats to hard. I like a firm seat over the long haul verses one I sink into. It’s way better than the camel seat on the naked 2016 I hated. Rear of the seats nice and wide when you scoot back I like that. Little bit of a slope forward but nothing like Yamaha puts into their seats that have your underwear up your back in 100 miles. Tomorrow I’m planning at least couple hundred miles on it I’ll report back. One thing it hates low octane gas they were gassing mine up and said stop at a gal or two of that stuff. I’ll fill it up properly later. It pinged on start up until I filled it with non ethanol 90 octane at $5.49 a gallon (thanks Joe)

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I appreciate that.

so many people ordered way after me and already got bikes, dealerships having bikes on showroom floors for sale etc. kinda bummer. But it is what it is.

im just excited for it, and I’ve put in a lot of effort researching and providing content lol. Mainly bc I have free time at work and bored. But whateve

I’m happy others are getting it!

I’ve literally read about people seeing on cycle trader and going and buying. No wait. Blows my mind

I read Harley did this with one bike, pre ordered bikes took forever to hit customers meanwhile dealerships had them on showroom floor and randoms walking and buying them. Someone was comparing that to this. But I read that fiscal was awful
Your gonna love it! I look forward to you getting it and your two cents. You ordered 3 days before me even back in October. All I’ve heard people reference it to is “ wow that’s a GSXR with side bags” and it literally is. Albeit from 2005 with parts sprinkled on it from GSXRs up to 2016. The modern bodywork hides all that. It’s a very modern bike though all the way down to the CAN wiring harness they’re using which is first on a Suzuki.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
If its vibrating thruout the rev-range badly id suggest the crank balancer could be mis- timed, these engines are smoother than many 4cyl's, but they will vibrate badly when the balancer isnt timed correctly, or if the rubber drive dampners are damaged, faulty clutch basket will also cause it.
Id definetely get it investigated ònce run in kms are done
Could be, y’all should ride the 2017-current GSX-R1000s with no counter balance shaft. Suzuki removed it on these year models. Very buzzy but then again it’s not built for comfort just speed.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
FWIW it is the bars and everything on them that needs assembly and the windscreen which is 4 bolts. Then there is the side panels on the back where the GT+ racks mount and the side bags need some assembly on them and don't forget the keying of the locks. Pain in the butt that is.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I picked mine up on a little kendon trailer I have and only use for that. Used a truck I have not cranked in two months to pull it. Waited 5 hours there cause I was to cheap on $5+ gal diesel to drive 13 miles back home and wait.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts