GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Riding season may of just ended for me. I’ve had 3 broken ribs in last 12 years, one from car wreck, then rebroke it somehow years later twice and yesterday I was doing squats and my left lower rib, I felt it snap and agonizing pain since yesterday

either broke it or bruised it. No idea. But if doesn’t fix itself in few days I’m out for season. That rib Has proven itself stay weak after the original t bone accident :|
omg broken ribs suck.. i did mine back in 2018 when i wrecked the bandit. had surgery to plate them cause i couldnt breath properly. take care!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Oh yeah basically they go in and screw a strip of titanium over the break, holding the rib together so you can breathe and they knit in the right position. works immediately, very dramatic fix. gets done a lot for skiers, other outdoor sports where rib breaks are common and bad. you need a bunch of be broken before theyll do it.. broke 5 of mine in the wreck... just one i guess theyd just prescribe painkillers, maybe a some kind of wrap like a corset to encourage the rib to be in the right position

1 - 3 of 3 Posts