GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
What’s up guys. Picked up my GT this morning. Put about 130 miles on it today and this thing feels like a luxury bike compared to other bikes I have owned. I wont bore everyone with the same praise that this bike gets all the time. I can live with quirks (I have a Buell, so i am used to those) but I gotta say, I am quite disappointed in the headlights.

On the ride home tonight, I felt like I was missing something, like needing to turn them on or something. It was not very bright at all and it has a dual light layer (for lack of a better term). One a short distance in front of the bike and the second one about 15-20 feet further out. This may be by design but in between the two faint bands of light is darkness. Bright was not much help either which seemed to illuminate the sides more than anything. Shining them on the garage door, they look promising but IRL on the road, not so much. Maybe I was expecting too much from them. What Is everyones opinion on the headlights?
well this post saves me posting it. I actually got off the bike and checked to see if a sticker had been left on the front or something. Just like the OP said, a small amount of light close up, then quite wide band, and then light further away. Not ideal to see bump, post holes etc.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts