GSXS 1000 Forum banner
381 - 400 of 449 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
It’s not the dealer
They got this bs service shop next to them. It isn’t even them they just contract to them.
They suck ass and done ****ed my bags up.

idk what Suzuki is going to do.

the sales guy literally asked them to come install these on bike, he said no. These were paid for install already as a pdi

guy said, not working on his bike without a 140 charge.

guy said our service department is absolute **** and yeah he’s right. They done ****ed men over

took 2 hours for him to walk 100 meters over. Sales guy called him like 10x and kept saying coming and never showed up.
Absolute miserable day
Ahh the dealer is ultimately responsible...not sure how you could possibly not think it's the dealer's fault. He shouldn't be "contracting" out work that they need to do...pretty simple

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #382 ·
Ahh the dealer is ultimately responsible...not sure how you could possibly not think it's the dealer's fault. He shouldn't be "contracting" out work that they need to do...pretty simple
idk how Suzuki is going to fix this..... like. its not Suzukis fault. so... if they send my bags back.. does Suzuki like, give me a new set? tel me to pound sand and wait in line for new bags? the dealer said hes going to make sure im compensated in some way in the end as well.

·
Registered
719 Posts
idk how Suzuki is going to fix this..... like. its not Suzukis fault. so... if they send my bags back.. does Suzuki like, give me a new set? tel me to pound sand and wait in line for new bags? the dealer said hes going to make sure im compensated in some way in the end as well.
No, it's not Suzuki's fault. It's your dealers fault and they will have to order you new bags at their cost. Simple

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #384 ·
would.. I get put at end of the line tho?.. thats my fear D:
they should give me the bags as a oops, I will pull the cylinders out, may mark the bags up a little, and sell them on bay at 500 bucks. bet you id get them

and put the new set on

·
Registered
719 Posts
would.. I get put at end of the line tho?.. thats my fear D:
they should give me the bags as a oops, I will pull the cylinders out, may mark the bags up a little, and sell them on bay at 500 bucks. bet you id get them

and put the new set on
Suzuki has no responsibility to put you in the front of the line when others are waiting for your bags. Won't happen. Karma buddy...I wouldn't sell the bags for a profit...but that's me...

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #386 ·
idk. if I have to wait 3 months and they tell me im getting new bags, I would totally sell them at cost. consider it a loss of bad circumstance.

does anyone know once you drop that cylinder, is It possible to yank out? maybe tomorrow they find out how to pull the cylinder back out

·
Registered
893 Posts
On the Africa twin panniers you could take the bags apart in a certain way and remove a cylinder you did not have a key to. Once removed you could re-key them using the tumbler kit that was initially used to match the new key. Then reinstall the cylinders and the new key would work. I’ve keyed those cylinders from new snd the first one is quite tedious but with the proper notes kept the 2md cyl is a breeze. You are not to install the cyl until you know the key being keyed works the lock. Your idiots did it the wrong way hoping the key worked in the locks after pushing the lock cyl into the back. Which is clearly explained in the instructions. The first one you do takes about two hours. It’s a quite tedious job. Sucks people now days cannot follow instructions and are basically lazy.

Once you access the inside of the bags you can release the key cyl. Google that procedure on the Africa twin I bet the suzuki locks are the same.

·
Registered
893 Posts
@FreePenguiny I looked at my bags and the Suzuki bags are sealed up rather tight does not look like any back door entry at all. Maybe only way is to drill out each lock cylinder until it releases and even then I bet the clip at the bottom still holds it in. This will fall directly on the dealer Suzuki is not responsible to replace the bags or to have the cylinders removed. In other words you are at the mercy of this terrible dealership. Dealer may drag his feet on this in hopes you just go away. Sounds like service department there is the last thing he is concerned about. I looked inside and out on mine and they do not have any entry point that I can see with bag lids closed and locked. We do not know who makes these things so we cannot reach out to them. Maybe Suzuki could reveal that and maybe they can offer some assistance. I doubt any of that will take place. People today just do not care, out of sight out of mind mentality and it seems rarely do you find the one that is willing to extend and go above his/her duties to actually help someone. Good luck wish I had more to offer but it looks like you at the mercy of that dealership. Considering the difficulty it was to actually get them to haul the bike across town for delivery I'd wash my hands of that place once this is all over.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #392 ·
@FreePenguiny I looked at my bags and the Suzuki bags are sealed up rather tight does not look like any back door entry at all. Maybe only way is to drill out each lock cylinder until it releases and even then I bet the clip at the bottom still holds it in. This will fall directly on the dealer Suzuki is not responsible to replace the bags or to have the cylinders removed. In other words you are at the mercy of this terrible dealership. Dealer may drag his feet on this in hopes you just go away. Sounds like service department there is the last thing he is concerned about. I looked inside and out on mine and they do not have any entry point that I can see with bag lids closed and locked. We do not know who makes these things so we cannot reach out to them. Maybe Suzuki could reveal that and maybe they can offer some assistance. I doubt any of that will take place. People today just do not care, out of sight out of mind mentality and it seems rarely do you find the one that is willing to extend and go above his/her duties to actually help someone. Good luck wish I had more to offer but it looks like you at the mercy of that dealership. Considering the difficulty it was to actually get them to haul the bike across town for delivery I'd wash my hands of that place once this is all over.
yep.. the sales guy was trying to take them apart.. til we hit rivets. there was no way to do it. think they gonna be out some money.

the sales guy said, Donald, kinda wish I never met you. jokingly but sincere. the service department ****ed him over. I hope doesn't come out of his pocket or anything, he already gave me 500 off the bikes msrp and everything.

would be a shame for him to become negative on the deal.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I took about 4 hours to get mine keyed and all the other items installed by a very skilled tech who is very thorough. I have keyed the cylinder locks in the past on a Africa Twin it is not fun work on the very first lock. Still cannot believe they pushed the cylinders in knowing the key would not open the lock. I mean they only tell you that 100 times in the instructions to make sure the key works freely and the lock works properly before inserting into the bag. I am trying to figure out how they managed to get the lid locked to begin with no working key in the lock cylinder.

·
Registered
719 Posts
yep.. the sales guy was trying to take them apart.. til we hit rivets. there was no way to do it. think they gonna be out some money.

the sales guy said, Donald, kinda wish I never met you. jokingly but sincere. the service department ****ed him over. I hope doesn't come out of his pocket or anything, he already gave me 500 off the bikes msrp and everything.

would be a shame for him to become negative on the deal.
Why do you keep talking like the dealer and service departments are tow different things? The buck stops with the dealer. As for your discount....well this is why I'm usually happy to pay full price...because then I can always expect full service.
An example of that service is that my bike is going in Wed for the 1000km service and bags and accessories etc....I'll bring it up there Tuesday (60 miles) and they will give me a new VStrom 1000 to take home over night and to use while my bike gets service...then I will simply trade back when my bike is done. No charge for that.
Now that is service....but mind you I didn't get the $500 discount that you got. :)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #395 ·
Why do you keep talking like the dealer and service departments are tow different things? The buck stops with the dealer. As for your discount....well this is why I'm usually happy to pay full price...because then I can always expect full service.
I get that, but they are actually 2 different shops. its just a partnership with this little shop next door. when I came in there to buy the bike initially I asked about servicing cost etc, the guy literally said, 'hey, I wouldn't do service here, go somewhere else, our service partner next door sucks'
they literally charge them to even bring a bike over to look at them.

all the dealerships I use/gone too, the dealership was owned/same shop as the dealer, not this. this is literally a set up shop next door, acting as their service partnership.

this place sells primarily boats/atvs/dirtbikes. motorcycles is just extra. once im squared away here, im going to back to my regular dealership for the initial service so I can retain warranty, id buy from here, if the price was right. but I won't ever let their service touch my bike.

problem tho. is NO ONE WOULD ORDER ME THE FRICKEN BIKE BUT THESE GUYS. "we can't order it" "we aren't ordering it" "isn't worth our time" "what comes off the truck is what we sell" is all the other dealerships what they told me. not a single one would do it except this small shop.

irony is another shop got the bike in and didnt even pre order. pisses me off how regular dealerships got bikes without pre orders. here I had to jump thru hoops

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #396 ·
these guys pay other company to assemble their bikes, they dont do anything with their bikes themselves. they simply pull off truck, assembled from the neighboring places and boom. on showroom. most this dealer does is air up tires lol

either way I am trusting this dealer to make it right, the guy has been great I cannot fault him for anything. its that dang service center next door. sucks for them, but the dealership is a small building and they dont even have room for expanding or making a service center. so kinda makes sense to partner with a shop next door.

oh while I was there yesterday I learned something too.

did you guys know theres a age requirement for buying ATVs? a guy came in and said he wanted to get a 4 wheeler for his 5 year old daughter, the sales guy said well you are limited to this size CC. (6-10 or something) is the next size higher cc, and the guy said Oh no I mean my daughter is (6) now, instead of 5 a second go

the sales guy, straight up refused to let him buy the next higher up size, and I asked him why, he showed me the legal laws etc. and that there are secret shoppers that will fine the shop hard, they come in and try and "purchase" higher than law age for people etc. big fines, never knew that.

yet, anyone can buy any size cc sport bike here. lol with no license or anything

here's the laws
Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Number Darkness

·
Registered
719 Posts
these guys pay other company to assemble their bikes, they dont do anything with their bikes themselves. they simply pull off truck, assembled from the neighboring places and boom. on showroom. most this dealer does is air up tires lol

either way I am trusting this dealer to make it right, the guy has been great I cannot fault him for anything. its that dang service center next door. sucks for them, but the dealership is a small building and they dont even have room for expanding or making a service center. so kinda makes sense to partner with a shop next door.

oh while I was there yesterday I learned something too.

did you guys know theres a age requirement for buying ATVs? a guy came in and said he wanted to get a 4 wheeler for his 5 year old daughter, the sales guy said well you are limited to this size CC. (6-10 or something) is the next size higher cc, and the guy said Oh no I mean my daughter is (6) now, instead of 5 a second go

the sales guy, straight up refused to let him buy the next higher up size, and I asked him why, he showed me the legal laws etc. and that there are secret shoppers that will fine the shop hard, they come in and try and "purchase" higher than law age for people etc. big fines, never knew that.

yet, anyone can buy any size cc sport bike here. lol with no license or anything

here's the laws View attachment 48662
I love how Americans think they are the land of the free....lol....no restrictions here in "commie" Canada. :)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #398 ·
I love how Americans think they are the land of the free....lol....no restrictions here in "commie" Canada. :)
the dude went ape **** btw. he flipped out and told him that hes allowed to buy whatever he wants, the guy said, not here you won't. learned that though yesterday.

I bet the rules started in California. all of the weird things do. can't have anything fun there. and ruin for the rest of us

·
Registered
719 Posts
the dude went ape **** btw. he flipped out and told him that hes allowed to buy whatever he wants, the guy said, not here you won't. learned that though yesterday.

I bet the rules started in California. all of the weird things do. can't have anything fun there. and ruin for the rest of us
Funny...California is the only state I would come even close to wanting to live in...love California! :)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #400 ·
Funny...California is the only state I would come even close to wanting to live in...love California! :)
I served there for awhile in military, and honestly people treated me like ****. idk why or the reasoning. but its like me being there was ruining their fun everywhere I went. Lol not even joking. that said, the women are fricken hot, and the beach was great.

but not somewhere I could live.

381 - 400 of 449 Posts