GSXS 1000 Forum banner
401 - 420 of 449 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I served there for awhile in military, and honestly people treated me like ****. idk why or the reasoning. but its like me being there was ruining their fun everywhere I went. Lol not even joking. that said, the women are fricken hot, and the beach was great.

but not somewhere I could live.
I feel bad for the tough spot your in, most likely in the end your dealer is going to have to eat the cost of a new set of bags. Spending $15,000 for a bike should be a happy event, but stuff like this does sour the experience.
Our dealer sold a new decked out bike to a long time customer and had it sitting outside with a big sold/stay off sign on it, ready to go for the new owner...... Some idiot had to come along and jump on it, bounce up and down , and of course drop it. Long story short the dealer banned the idiot from stepping on the property but had to eat the $1500 bucks to repair the damage. A bad experience for everyone, hope your dealer steps up right away..Good luck.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Good lord...I wouldn't accept a new bike that had been dropped, repaired or not. Not a good way to start a relationship with a new bike...always that thought in your head that it had been scarred before you got it.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #403 ·
Called Suzuki corporate and told them the situation, Suzuki agreed to let the dealer see what they are trying to do if it works, if the bags are damaged in anyway from their tampering, and if I’m not 100% happy, Suzuki said they will make sure I’m taken care of.

i said I’m all for letting dealer fix my bags. ButI’m having a hard time thinking they can pull the cylinder without damaging the bags and he agreed with me, but he said let the dealer attempt whatever it’s doing and see the outcome.

he annotated my concerns for further contact.
Anyone thinks they can get the cylinders out without damaging the bags in some way?

·
Registered
1989 GSX750F
59 Posts
Called Suzuki corporate and told them the situation, Suzuki agreed to let the dealer see what they are trying to do if it works, if the bags are damaged in anyway from their tampering, and if I’m not 100% happy, Suzuki said they will make sure I’m taken care of.

i said I’m all for letting dealer fix my bags. ButI’m having a hard time thinking they can pull the cylinder without damaging the bags and he agreed with me, but he said let the dealer attempt whatever it’s doing and see the outcome.

he annotated my concerns for further contact.
Anyone thinks they can get the cylinders out without damaging the bags in some way?
Yes, send the bags to me in Australia and I'll sort them out. ;)
Fine Print: It's impossible to get bags here in Australia, so if you send me the bags you'll never see them again. Ever. :)

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,374 Posts
One of my favourite You Tube sites is "The Lock Picking Lawyer", bet he would have those cases open in a few seconds.

Reactions: Symmetry

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #406 ·
Product Screenshot Font Motor vehicle Automotive tire

He has been working on my bags all week…. I don’t think he’s going to be able to free the key cylinder without permenant damage to bag.

Suzuki themselves said let the dealer do whatever they are going to try to do. If I’m not satisfied and bag isn’t fixed, Suzuki told me they would ensure I am full in the end satisfaction gaurantee..

Just wonder how long I should give dealer trying to crack my bags apart before I call red flag and call Suzuki saying I want a new set of bags.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #417 ·
I can accept them, if I want broken bags with wrong keying. but I dont even want them now. just going to call suzuki and demand a new set of bags on the dealerships dime, let them hash it out. I dropped 15,000 cash. thats an issue between dealer and suzuki to hash out. im the victim here due to their mess up

if I accepted the bags, if want a major kick back. as Ishouldnt have to accept a broken open bag.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I can accept them, if I want broken bags with wrong keying. but I dont even want them now. just going to call suzuki and demand a new set of bags on the dealerships dime, let them hash it out. I dropped 15,000 cash. thats an issue between dealer and suzuki to hash out. im the victim here due to their mess up

if I accepted the bags, if want a major kick back. as Ishouldnt have to accept a broken open bag.
Now we talking! Just be nice and professional. No need to yell and go after certain people even though it’s justified. Suzuki used to take care of their customers pretty good but like everything else now days that seems to be a forgotten part of doing business. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #419 ·
Now we talking! Just be nice and professional. No need to tell and go after certain people even though it’s justified. Suzuki used to take care of their customers pretty good but like everything else now days that seems to be a forgotten part of doing business. Keep us updated.
im just going to say, my dealer had the bags 2 weeks and trying to find a way to extract the keys without damaging them without fail. and I dont really want tampered with bags, who knows, maybe from them being opened up, they could be more prone to warping or not being water tight or something along those lines,

I just know that I will be bumped to end of line...... I need to talk to Debbie, since she's the one who located me those bags in first place.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Gosh, what a truly annoying series of events you've gone through with this bike so far. Hopefully you'll see it all through and not hold it against the awesome motorcycle. 😁

401 - 420 of 449 Posts