GSXS 1000 Forum banner
561 - 580 of 622 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I dropped by the Suzi Shop while on a day ride today, and there was a sold Triton Blue or the darker Blue GT Panorama on the floor stock display. Not sure which colour it was, due to the industrial lights.
What immediately struck me was how small it looked. It was parked in like sardines parallel to other bikes, but next to a 2022 GSX-R 1000. They looked like two pea's in a pod.

I couldn't sit on it (being jammed in and sold), but of what I could take in, it was very much eye candy sweet.
It also has the clear brake light, not red like the USA/Canada. It had no bags fitted or whether they are available here yet.
The stock screen didn't look very tall. The eyeball headlights look fine to me.
My time will come perhaps soon enough.

The 2021 SV650 has now gone to an new Owner, so I have just got the new Versys 650. What a great bike !
What to buy next, is churning away in my mind. New bikes are selling here well; stock numbers are going down on the floor, and a lot of new bikes had 'sold' stickers on them.
Honda had very little display stock; Sales Guy said Honda have now stopped Dealers from online ordering the CB500F Naked bike. Vanished on the Dealer portal page, yet they keep displaying it on the retail web page.
No CB500X's either now.

Rob

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wired a trusted dealer my money because I couldn't resist this m/c. My last S/T was a Yamaha FJR and that m/c looks exactly like it did 10 years ago. I love the tech on the GT+! I should have it by this weekend here in SouthWest Florida. I'll ride it when we don't have our daily thunderstorm, LOL.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #569 ·
Woolich doesn’t know til Chris hooks up to machine, it may need cracked open.

i said that’s fine if needs done. It’s going to rain next like 5 days, so shipping out tomorrow.

both Chris and woolich are on board w my ecu.

if it’s unlocked, I’m having his bench flash it or dynotune. Idk I could be a video for everyone. But it’s another 200 dollars including gas there and back which is another 120 bucks. So 300 extra I would be a video made on my bike and dyno runs

lol maybe slower than his idk. I did a soft break in.

·
Registered
2022 GSX-S1000
46 Posts
They shouldn’t need to. I thought he explained he just needed the first one to get the needed info.
IDK. I agree they shouldn't need to, but he stated that he thought the GT ECU was different and it sounded like he was looking for someone with a GT to volunteer to have theirs cut open.... He said "I only need one."
Just my interpretation after watching the video 1.5 times.

I am still unsure why they would have to cut open these ECUs??? I dropped my 2022 naked off at the tuner today and he was confident that he had the hardware and software to do the ECU tune. He did state, though, that the price was a little higher because he had to buy "the file." Not sure exactly what that means, but my guy stated that if I wanted another dyno tune it would be a lot less expensive the second time around. He said he's using Woolich.

·
Registered
21 Posts
IDK. I agree they shouldn't need to, but he stated that he thought the GT ECU was different and it sounded like he was looking for someone with a GT to volunteer to have theirs cut open.... He said "I only need one."

I am still unsure why they would have to cut open these ECUs??? I dropped my 2022 naked off at the tuner today and he was confident that he had the hardware and software to do the ECU tune. He did state, though, that the price was a little higher because he had to buy "the file." Not sure exactly what that means, but my guy stated that if I wanted another dyno tune it would be a lot less expensive the second time around. He said he's using Woolwich.
Agree with you. We shall see I guess.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #572 ·

I am still unsure why they would have to cut open these ECUs??? I dropped my 2022 naked off at the tuner today and he was confident that he had the hardware and software to do the ECU tune. He did state, though, that the price was a little higher because he had to buy "the file." Not sure exactly what that means, but my guy stated that if I wanted another dyno tune it would be a lot less expensive the second time around. He said he's using Woolich.
He has to buy the license from woolich
That cost 100, woolich charges the tuner thst and he charges you that.

so 100 is a license for each ecu

reason they don’t know is because Suzuki is using the same outside exterior part number for all their ecu’s now. So until they hook it up. They don’t know if naked gsxs is same as gt gsxs.

they have to cut them open to solder connections to the spots and grab the data.
So basically, Suzuki is hiding the ecu data all in same shell, which needs manual retrieval for each one

it’s also cheaper because they all use same ecu now,Suzuki basically flashes the blank ecu into whatever utility needed, prob saves on having multiple ecu’s produced

more streamlined

·
Registered
2016 f
687 Posts
do you think thats margin of error from a dyno to another dyno? 130 vs 136 thats 4.5%

seems possible
different dyno's & operaters will get very different meaurements, my gsxf first dyno was only 123hp, that was on the same model dyno as the 2nd guy's,( 167hp) but i had done a complete eng overhaul though still using stock parts, just modified settings

·
Registered
114 Posts
Last week I called the dealer to bug them about my missing panniers as it seems that everyone else has gotten theirs by now (I bought the bike over 2 months ago). They gave me the regional Suzuki rep's number because they weren't having luck finding out.
I called the rep and after a few pleasant back and forths, word is that my panniers were shipped to the wrong dealer and as of now they are in transit to my dealer. The rep has a tracking number and will be following up with them to ensure they arrive safely.
I'm not going to get excited until I get the call from my dealer that they're ready for me... but if I'm being given honest info then it sounds like I might have them soon, finally.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Sad you had to go chasing them, you’d think Suzuki would be doing that. Todays business practices amaze me. Maybe I’m just old (I am) and remember when customer service meant something.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Agree 100%.
Parts shortages beyond their control are one thing, but when the parts exist and no one anywhere down the line can bother to keep track of them or to make sure they get to the customer, that's something else and it starts to upset me. Unfortunately this seems to be the rule rather than the exception everywhere I look nowadays.

561 - 580 of 622 Posts