GSXS 1000 Forum banner
581 - 600 of 636 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #582 ·
I now realize that the dealer had put those on my prior motorcycles, apparently. I apologize for being rude.
I assume you are referring to the battery charger SAE connectors.

No problem man, you was just used to that, back before covid and such, people wasn't penny pinching and parts abundant and dealers tossed them on bikes standard a lot of places, but yeah, they aren't a manufacturer thing. Live and learn!

they are like 5 bucks a piece generally, I put them on everything. I even put them on my riding mower, and then the male side, I cut the ends off and wired them into a solar panel. lol my lawn mower now has quick disconnect battery charger/tender with the solar panel on my shed roof. been there 3-4 years now, no more dead batteries.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What’s up guys. Picked up my GT this morning. Put about 130 miles on it today and this thing feels like a luxury bike compared to other bikes I have owned. I wont bore everyone with the same praise that this bike gets all the time. I can live with quirks (I have a Buell, so i am used to those) but I gotta say, I am quite disappointed in the headlights.

On the ride home tonight, I felt like I was missing something, like needing to turn them on or something. It was not very bright at all and it has a dual light layer (for lack of a better term). One a short distance in front of the bike and the second one about 15-20 feet further out. This may be by design but in between the two faint bands of light is darkness. Bright was not much help either which seemed to illuminate the sides more than anything. Shining them on the garage door, they look promising but IRL on the road, not so much. Maybe I was expecting too much from them. What Is everyones opinion on the headlights?

·
Registered
32 Posts
What’s up guys. Picked up my GT this morning. Put about 130 miles on it today and this thing feels like a luxury bike compared to other bikes I have owned. I wont bore everyone with the same praise that this bike gets all the time. I can live with quirks (I have a Buell, so i am used to those) but I gotta say, I am quite disappointed in the headlights.

On the ride home tonight, I felt like I was missing something, like needing to turn them on or something. It was not very bright at all and it has a dual light layer (for lack of a better term). One a short distance in front of the bike and the second one about 15-20 feet further out. This may be by design but in between the two faint bands of light is darkness. Bright was not much help either which seemed to illuminate the sides more than anything. Shining them on the garage door, they look promising but IRL on the road, not so much. Maybe I was expecting too much from them. What Is everyones opinion on the headlights?
I think the headlights are horrible, especially low beam. It's wide but not very bright and is too narrow distance wise. I've adjusted them at night on the road about 6 times. I've lowered the high beam a lot and use it whenever there's no oncoming cars. If I rode at night more I'd add more lighting.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Adjust them
Look under the light above fender for knobs
Yeah of course, but that won’t change the brightness or the pattern of the projection of the lights.

I think the headlights are horrible, especially low beam. It's wide but not very bright and is too narrow distance wise. I've adjusted them at night on the road about 6 times. I've lowered the high beam a lot and use it whenever there's no oncoming cars. If I rode at night more I'd add more lighting.
Looks like I will be looking into adding more lights because I ride a lot at night and need to see whats in front of me!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #587 ·
Yeah of course, but that won’t change the brightness or the pattern of the projection of the lights.

Looks like I will be looking into adding more lights because I ride a lot at night and need to see whats in front of me!
use them brights. Lol at night I ride with brights most the time. idc about the other drivers per say. im about maximum light output on bike, because of deer.

I wonder if UK and US guys can order the opposite lights, and wire them together.

ie. UK gets right housing, we we get left, or vice versa. buy one of each, and install them. wire together.

double standard lighting.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Lol at night I ride with brights most the time.
Please stop doing that. It's not only more dangerous for other drivers, but because it is that, it's also more dangerous for you.

Also, In my experience, deer are less likely to freak out when they see low beams than they are when they see brights. Maybe just coincidence, but maybe not. shrug

·
Registered
3 Posts

well this post saves me posting it. I actually got off the bike and checked to see if a sticker had been left on the front or something. Just like the OP said, a small amount of light close up, then quite wide band, and then light further away. Not ideal to see bump, post holes etc.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I also feel that the low beam is inadequate. Fortunately the only time I ride in the dark is on the morning commute where most of the trip is bathed in street lights and/or in the lights of a thousand cars, so it matters little.
Still, if a legitimate upgrade ever becomes available, I'll buy it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Last week I called the dealer to bug them about my missing panniers as it seems that everyone else has gotten theirs by now (I bought the bike over 2 months ago). They gave me the regional Suzuki rep's number because they weren't having luck finding out.
I called the rep and after a few pleasant back and forths, word is that my panniers were shipped to the wrong dealer and as of now they are in transit to my dealer. The rep has a tracking number and will be following up with them to ensure they arrive safely.
I'm not going to get excited until I get the call from my dealer that they're ready for me... but if I'm being given honest info then it sounds like I might have them soon, finally.
I got the call (well, the text) yesterday and my bike will finally meet its long lost panniers next Saturday.
😀👍

Oh, and when I called to set up the appointment I made sure that they knew not to install the lock cylinders before they were keyed to my bike. The response, though in different (more professional) words, was something along the lines of "Of course... What kind of idiot would do that?"
🤣

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
It’s a motorcycle ain’t none of them known for lighting. Sell it trade it in for a worse pos, maybe even a bmw

Stop riding at night it’s dangerous with all the deer and ****

581 - 600 of 636 Posts