GSXS 1000 Forum banner
601 - 620 of 622 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #602 ·
Riding season may of just ended for me. I’ve had 3 broken ribs in last 12 years, one from car wreck, then rebroke it somehow years later twice and yesterday I was doing squats and my left lower rib, I felt it snap and agonizing pain since yesterday

either broke it or bruised it. No idea. But if doesn’t fix itself in few days I’m out for season. That rib Has proven itself stay weak after the original t bone accident :|

·
Registered
2022 GT Plus, Black
20 Posts
I found the brightness reasonably OK but the pattern leaves a lot to be desired when cornering- sure wish some of the lateral light would go out diagonally.
I agree. I live in an area without many street lights. It is unnerving to have to make a 90 degree turn into a black abyss. BTW I did have to adjust the headlights. They were WAY off from the factory.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Riding season may of just ended for me. I’ve had 3 broken ribs in last 12 years, one from car wreck, then rebroke it somehow years later twice and yesterday I was doing squats and my left lower rib, I felt it snap and agonizing pain since yesterday

either broke it or bruised it. No idea. But if doesn’t fix itself in few days I’m out for season. That rib Has proven itself stay weak after the original t bone accident :|
omg broken ribs suck.. i did mine back in 2018 when i wrecked the bandit. had surgery to plate them cause i couldnt breath properly. take care!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #606 ·
Didn’t even know they could do such a thing! Glad to hear you’re better

I’m taking prescription anti inflammatory I had laying around, I feel better today but Jesus. Rotatingbreathing or rolling over so miserable. I’m still gonna try to test my gsxs this week because ecu comes in

if anything atleast get bike back together

·
Registered
75 Posts
Oh yeah basically they go in and screw a strip of titanium over the break, holding the rib together so you can breathe and they knit in the right position. works immediately, very dramatic fix. gets done a lot for skiers, other outdoor sports where rib breaks are common and bad. you need a bunch of be broken before theyll do it.. broke 5 of mine in the wreck... just one i guess theyd just prescribe painkillers, maybe a some kind of wrap like a corset to encourage the rib to be in the right position

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #612 ·
It may not be broken. It is subsiding better than I think. But god dang it felt like it. I literally felt the snap/crunch on squat, all I did was rotate my foot to adjust posture while I was doing and as I went up almost collapsed from the pain shock.

after the initial break, the times after was literally nothing major, just happened moving wrong one time.

I am 155lbs, I was bench 275 2 years back, I tore my muscles, and now I even have authorities in my shoulder and back. I wasn’t able to do bench til about 6 months ago even.
I was a little monster for awhile.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #616 ·
It was...and a collapsed lung, broken collar bone, broken finger and a fractured hip.....doing well now....I rode 3 months after the accident. :)
Lucky to be alive.
I got sued from the t boned accident

i got smashed, door into me, adrenaline got out ran over. Pulled pregnant lady out of her flipped suv that went down a hill.
She lost her child, said I ran red light. Etc etc

Months and months worth of defending etc. it was deemed she was at fault, long story short before she was deemed she tried suing me for her loss of child.
didn’t fly. Ultimately came out her witness said she didn’t see her have red light but simply was told that she had a red light,

this one false witness almost cost me my life earnings

I sued and got 45k 15k to lawyer and got me a new car and cleared alll my student loans

·
Registered
741 Posts
I think you'd better tell us the story...it sounds dramatic! It also sounds like you've got more ribs than is normal!!!
Lol...we have 24 ribs....
Went out for an after dinner ride around the peninsula where I live...beautiful night....labour day Monday 2020...approached a 4 way stop...no cars at the other stop signs....to my left was a used car dealer where cars for sale were on the corner obstructing view of the stop sign to my left by about 50 yards....I preceded through the intersection and was hit by a Ford 150 that blew his stop sign...and was likely speeding.
He lied to police saying we both stopped and then went at the same time...lol....my son went to check out the intersection the next day and noticed the car dealer had cameras....bingo!! Got film footage of the whole thing showing he blew the stop sign.
I spent 11 days in the hospital....the pain was brutal...they gave me fentanyl.
I'm hoping to settle the lawsuit soon.

601 - 620 of 622 Posts