GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m currently selling my gsxs 18. Really considering a gt:gt+ I wouldn’t use the panniers but once a year in all actuality so I am questioning the mounting method. I really like the looks without the bags thus I wouldn’t want an ugly exposed frame for bag mounts 99% of time.

I took some photos on phone. There’s a black piece where bags will be sitting, do you think this is a removesble/snap on and off cover covering the Mount system for the bags? I would like to think so.

also,do you think it would be hard to remove the gold frame looking bars on rear subframe for a powdercoat? Not digging gold. Would prefer it black. If you guys think I could remove that easy enough to be re coated, do you think it’s oem powdercoat Or it’s paint? wondering if black powdercoat would be a weaker finish long term or weaker?

I don’t like the side fairing signals, I wonder if someone will come out with integrated signals/flush Mount that can clip or insertonto side of fairings. I don’t see why not. Many aftermarket companies tend to make these.

I hope motodynamocs comes out with a integrated rear tail light system for the new bike: I don’t think my current tail is same shape so would a new redesign.

Do you think puig or any big boys will come out with some aftermarket shields?

I pulled frame sliders, bar ends, levers and block off plate off my current bike to be used on next one. I feel the sliders should work, closely to the fairing but still work.

sorry for crap grammar. Using phone
Fuel tank Wheel Tire Vehicle Blue
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle handlebar Bicycle
Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well the subframe has bolts, so you will be able to take it off to change the colour. Don't know what to say really about the rest of your questions. If you want luggage, then there generally is a compromise somewhere with regards to looks. Up to you whether you can live with it or not.

·
Banned
134 Posts
get that one put a top case on it-- thats what I'm gonna do after they test ride them and we see what its really about

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,042 Posts
Those pillion handles remind me of these.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Which ended up looking like these.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Reactions: Rusty

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sounds like you really don’t want this bike..lol.
Stick with an F and add soft bags when needed.

·
Registered
292 Posts
get that one put a top case on it-- thats what I'm gonna do after they test ride them and we see what its really about
I don’t think test rides will happen. From what I’ve heard every single gt coming to North America will be presold . Here in my province BC the Suzuki rep said only 4 were coming... population of over 5 million.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Biggest concern is that bag storage option. I want it to look like the GT without bags, hoping the covers pop on and off over the mounting spot. otherwise I will have to get GT. but 600-700 more, id prefer to have the bags if needed in attic.

Cant even get my dealership to have interest on ordering one. they literally said, yeah not Suzuki not interested in doing pre orders on anything due to having issues getting bikes. They said we can get kawi/yami/honda but forget talking to us about Suzuki

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So first person who gets a GT+ please get us some photos of the set up, and pop a bag off and see how the system looks/hoping we can put the plastic trim over it when panders stowed. even if I have to buy those 2 plastic trim pieces I dont care. Lol modular ftw

·
Banned
134 Posts
I don’t think test rides will happen. From what I’ve heard every single gt coming to North America will be presold . Here in my province BC the Suzuki rep said only 4 were coming... population of over 5 million.
well canada is not really a country it is a giant state that parasites off of America-- MC will test ride it i will listen to adam

·
Registered
2016 GSX-S1000
81 Posts
I have the SW Motech soft bags on my GSXS. I tend to ride about 50/50 with/without them but like how they leave the back end looking clean when you remove the rails. That sounds like something you might want to look into. I'd imagine SW Motech will make a set of them for this bike as well, it wouldn't be hard for them to make a new mount that fits under the passenger pegs.

·
Registered
292 Posts
well canada is not really a country it is a giant state that parasites off of America-- MC will test ride it i will listen to adam
Lol....you know we get bikes that you don't right? But not the other way around. You have California emissions to worry about. We get more of the bikes that go to Europe...For example I have a K1300R....every time I ride it in the USA guys are all over it...why? Because you guys didn't get it....lol.Btw how do we "parasite off of America" :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
canada pays more than its fair share in pricing from usa. I dont really understand how we get things so cheap, yet canada/europe/india, etc pay like double what we pay. doesnt make much sense.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The manufactures always do this with new models. I was on the Yamaha Super Tenere band wagon early on when the bike first came to North America, and it was the same. A bike I preordered and still own by the way. I think the manufactures trickle a new model like this out at first as to gauge demand so to not way overshoot production numbers. Anyway I'm new to forums as you can see by this being my first post and am interested in this bike. Hello everyone.

·
Registered
292 Posts
canada pays more than its fair share in pricing from usa. I dont really understand how we get things so cheap, yet canada/europe/india, etc pay like double what we pay. doesnt make much sense.
I just bought a brand new 2020 DR650 with 5 year warranty and a $350 instore credit all for $5999, Canadian or about $4850us....

·
Registered
292 Posts
The manufactures always do this with new models. I was on the Yamaha Super Tenere band wagon early on when the bike first came to North America, and it was the same. A bike I preordered and still own by the way. I think the manufactures trickle a new model like this out at first as to gauge demand so to not way overshoot production numbers. Anyway I'm new to forums as you can see by this being my first post and am interested in this bike. Hello everyone.
First off welcome to the forum....2nd,,,you are not wrong imo...but these days things are worse because of covid crap

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,042 Posts

·
Banned
134 Posts
Lol....you know we get bikes that you don't right? But not the other way around. You have California emissions to worry about. We get more of the bikes that go to Europe...For example I have a K1300R....every time I ride it in the USA guys are all over it...why? Because you guys didn't get it....lol.Btw how do we "parasite off of America" :)
LOL have a huge beamer dealer near me-- i do not live in rainbow room cali -- I am in TEXAS we do not need those emissions here-- now wheres my syrup??

·
Banned
134 Posts
Haha... but California rules what you get Texas boy! 😂 And your “huge beemer dealer” still didn’t get a k1300r! 😝
LIKE this one for sale new york cycle trader that i can get shipped for 500 dollars?? ya cool bike for sure-- i guess this guy doesn't know kevin shwanz collin edwards ben spies are from Texas-- you just pay a customs agent and get any bike you want- LOL LOL LOL i feel like some moose head beer for some reason- psst hey over here COTA is in TEXAS keep it a secret okay.. :)
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

1 - 20 of 71 Posts