GSXS 1000 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
LIKE this one for sale new york cycle trader that i can get shipped for 500 dollars?? ya cool bike for sure-- i guess this guy doesn't know kevin shwanz collin edwards ben spies are from Texas-- you just pay a customs agent and get any bike you want- LOL LOL LOL i feel like some moose head beer for some reason- psst hey over here COTA is in TEXAS keep it a secret okay.. :)
View attachment 46813
there is no doubt you are from Texas. Kevin is awesome! Ever heard of Wes Cooley?

·
Banned
156 Posts
there is no doubt you are from Texas. Kevin is awesome! Ever heard of Wes Cooley?
yep i think he was before my time-- the local clubs here where i watched doug poland if i remember correctly and met and hung out with josh hayes in the pits late 80's into 90's josh was team valvoline then-lotta fast guys been around here----- ya know i was just joking with the canadian comment--

·
Registered
423 Posts
yep i think he was before my time-- the local clubs here where i watched doug poland if i remember correctly and met and hung out with josh hayes in the pits late 80's into 90's josh was team valvoline then-lotta fast guys been around here----- ya know i was just joking with the canadian comment--
I know now... lol sorry us Canadians get a little defensive about our inferiority complex. 😝
Crazy story about Wes Cooley... google him.
I'm 55 and he was a hero of mine back in the early 80s when I started riding street. AMA champion in 79 and 80 besting the likes of Freddie Spencer and Eddie Lawson.. . anyway long story but I met him through Facebook 4 years ago... even a longer story,
Muscle Smile Automotive tire Hood Product
I convinced him and his wife to come stay at my house in Victoria...we had him be a guest of honour at a friend’s vintage motorcycle show. Here he is with me in my garage where I threw a big party for him... I have a gs1000s... rare bike that became known as the “Wes Cooley Replica”... anyway this is just after he signed my tank. 🙂 cheers

·
Banned
156 Posts
I know now... lol sorry us Canadians get a little defensive about our inferiority complex. 😝
Crazy story about Wes Cooley... google him.
im 55 and he was a hero of mine back in the early 80s when I started riding street. AMA champion in 79 and 80 besting the lines of Freddie Spencer Nd Eddie Lawson.. . anyway long story but I met him through Facebook 4 years ago... even a longer story, View attachment 46814 I convinced him and his wife to come stay at my house in Victoria...we had him be a guest of honour at a friend’s vintage motorcycle show. Here he is with me in my garage where I threw a big party for him... I have a gs1000s... rare bike that became knew as the “Wes Cooley Replica”... anyway this is just after he signed my tank. 🙂 cheers
Thats awesome---

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
im going to start emailing dealers further out, do people always pay freight/setup? or is there a way to get those waived at dealership level.

wish there was some Suzuki rebates and crap, but zero going on as its a new bike

·
Registered
423 Posts
im going to start emailing dealers further out, do people always pay freight/setup? or is there a way to get those waived at dealership level.

wish there was some Suzuki rebates and crap, but zero going on as its a new bike
I don't think there will be any "deals" on these bikes...the demand will far out pace the availability.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
in my area, it wouldn't surprise me to attempt to surcharge msrp + ADM like cars tbh. bikes are flying off shelves. but that shouldn't apply to custom order vehicles I assume. not sure

·
Banned
156 Posts

NO shipping is from the *********** that bombed pearl harbor ? set up is removing the bike from the box- just part of life--but we live with each other and conduct business-

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
In pics of panniers I see there’s a bracket on bottom of the bag that looks to connect somehow to swing arm area, you think there can be unbolted easily? Not welded or something correct? I’d have to imagine so people could buy the bags for their gt’s.

going to place a 500 deposit from first local dealer that lets me order. One guy said “we aren’t ordering because Suzuki isn’t delivering”

that’s a lie, it’s just not anytime soon

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
found this photo on Chinese website. Do you think the pannier mount, on the tail, has a cover that goes over it? or needs completely swapped. on side note, the blue triton is the prettiest of the bunch, shame america isnt getting it.
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Land vehicle
Land vehicle Automotive parking light Wheel Photograph Vehicle

·
Registered
2016 GSX-S1000
86 Posts
Personally I'd just wait until someone here gets one so you can get some details on what you want before slapping down the money to pre-order one. Unless you're just loaded and don't mind possibly not liking it.

• Haha
Reactions: trevor

·
Registered
423 Posts
Personally I'd just wait until someone here gets one so you can get some details on what you want before slapping down the money to pre-order one. Unless you're just loaded and don't mind possibly not liking it.
Be prepared to wait a long time to get one then....these bikes are already in high demand here...the Suzuki rep here has been pulling his hair out because dealers here are trying to order lots!

·
Registered
2016 GSX-S1000
86 Posts
Be prepared to wait a long time to get one then....these bikes are already in high demand here...the Suzuki rep here has been pulling his hair out because dealers here are trying to order lots!
Lol well I'm not getting one anyway, but I'd never buy a new bike. Too much money.

Reactions: trevor

·
Registered
423 Posts
Lol well I'm not getting one anyway, but I'd never buy a new bike. Too much money.
Yeah I hear ya...I bought my Gsxs1000F used and now I'm selling it because I ordered the new one....Just bought a new DR650 last weekend because it was cheap! And I bought my K1300R new but will never sell it....

·
Registered
2016 GSX-S1000
86 Posts
I got my old XR200R used ($400 - now totaled), the CBR500R used ($2400 w/ 8k miles, sold for $2600 after adding 11k miles), and the GSX used ($4200 w/ 7k miles - now 19k). Don't plan on getting rid of the GSX, but am hoping to maybe get a good deal on a Versys 1000 or V-Strom 1050 sometime.

If I can find one of these new GT guys for $4-5k after they're 3 or 4 years old I'd definitely pick one up.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
in america, my area, used bikes are fetching 90% as much as new bikes with loaded tons miles. idk about bike deals happening anymore
legit 08's with like 20k miles going for msrp and selling in my area.
talk about dumb.

only reason im having issue selling is its now fall/going into winter in my area. I missed the ball selling a month or two ago. but a guy is still coming to snag mine tomorrow/tuesday as of now. 8500. I paid 10k otd 3-4 years ago

·
Registered
423 Posts
in america, my area, used bikes are fetching 90% as much as new bikes with loaded tons miles. idk about bike deals happening anymore
legit 08's with like 20k miles going for msrp and selling in my area.
talk about dumb.

only reason im having issue selling is its now fall/going into winter in my area. I missed the ball selling a month or two ago. but a guy is still coming to snag mine tomorrow/tuesday as of now. 8500. I paid 10k otd 3-4 years ago
It's crazy here too..dealers don;t have enough inventory and it's driving the used market up. The DR650 I bought last week was $5999 Canadian....you can't buy a used one for under 5 grand here...lol

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I got my 13 gsxr 750 for 8200, 9k otd sold it before covidnfor 6k w 11k miles

dealerships are selling 600s 10 years old for10k plus

people are fricken stupid to pay those prices. That said, I can’t imagine the parts on gt plus not being removeable go back and fourth.

if I couldn’t have them swappable I am leaning towards gt instead of plus but I’d like the panniers ability to use if ever needed in attic

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I have bad news tho. Gonna be awhile most likely to get a gt flashed. Being all new tft screen I bet it’s a new ecu, will post what they told me. If fueling is great I won’t have dano adjust it, but I do want the fuel cut, tre, radiator fans etc pair valve and all that jazz disabled.

From woolich

Hi Donald
We have a member in the US who is our US representative that does all of this for us to cut down on times/shipping/costs/etc.

The issue I see at hand is I do not know if the 2022 GSX-S1000 will use a new ECU that has a different microcontroller or if it will be the same as say the 2020 ECU. If it is the same as the 2020 model, then it would be easy to add more than likely. But if it uses a different ECU that we don't currently have support for, then we could be in for some work as we'd have to start from the ground up.

If you, or anyone you know, can get us photos of the 2022 ECU to show the general shape and size along with photos from straight on for the ECU connectors so we can see pin alignment and arrangement that would help us determine what we may be looking at.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts