GSXS 1000 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2016 GSX-S1000
86 Posts
I've never bought from a dealer, they semed to have inflated prices even before the covid stuff happened and sent prices through the roof. I got my CBR and the GSX from bank repo lots lol. I'd have a hard time thinking the pannier brackets wouldn't be removable as well. That seems like a part that could get damaged easily and should be easily replaceable, but who knows.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I've never bought from a dealer, they semed to have inflated prices even before the covid stuff happened and sent prices through the roof. I got my CBR and the GSX from bank repo lots lol. I'd have a hard time thinking the pannier brackets wouldn't be removable as well. That seems like a part that could get damaged easily and should be easily replaceable, but who knows.
I posted a question to a gsxs1k reviewer and he posted this back.
Sounds like gt+ it is. Don’t mind 20 mins swapping parts over for trips. And around town no bags
White Light Product Azure Font

·
Registered
2016 GSX-S1000
86 Posts
Nice! Shame they didn't make an OEM pannier kit for the older bikes.

Reactions: trevor

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,144 Posts
From Suzuki UK. Plus there is a lock kit and a "Garnishing" kit for extra bucks. :rolleyes:
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Land vehicle Automotive lighting Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive tire

Reactions: trevor

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I don’t mind that little stub there, on the bottom where mounts. Kinda not really sticking out like imagined

but that tail piece, there has to be a cover right.? I can’t imagine them making you remove it and install plastic trim. Smartest thing would be, to make a cover they snaps over theMount bracket

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Do you think the garnishing kit is the plastic that covers that? I don’t care about price, as long as there an option

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Edit apparently the garnishing kit is the color thing that goes on pannier.
Not seeing anything about anything that can cover the mounts when panniers are off so far

·
Registered
407 Posts
I don’t think test rides will happen. From what I’ve heard every single gt coming to North America will be presold . Here in my province BC the Suzuki rep said only 4 were coming... population of over 5 million.
That rep was probably lying to generate demand, or just didn't have a clue. I'm pretty confident I'll be able to walk into one of the many Suzuki dealers in my area next April and buy this bike, just like I did in 2016 with my F. I guess we'll see in a few more months.

The F was not a good seller so I don't see why this bike would be much different. There are still brand new unsold 2018 and 2019 F's at some local dealers. Example: 2018 Suzuki GSX-S1000F ABS

·
Registered
407 Posts
im going to start emailing dealers further out, do people always pay freight/setup? or is there a way to get those waived at dealership level.

wish there was some Suzuki rebates and crap, but zero going on as its a new bike
In my experience they will waive the freight charge on bikes that are already in their show room, but will not waive it if they have to order it for you.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
In my experience they will waive the freight charge on bikes that are already in their show room, but will not waive it if they have to order it for you.
sounds reasonable, only 1 dealer within like 4 hours in my area had a gsxs1000 when I purchased, and the person who did, did not want it. (took like 2k off for me to take it) it jives with what people are saying at the dealers here, we aren't ordering one unless someone orders it paid.

back then, people said it was horrible seller and they DID NOT WANT THEM, but Suzuki sent them 1 each anyway if I recall one of the sales men saying. there was a F at one dealer, but I wanted naked.

still, due to this knowledge/experience in my area, im going to just order one. vs trying to wait and see and never getting one.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
My friend worked at a local dealer for 5 years as their parts guy, just asked him if he could call a buddy (sales guy) and see what they can do for me. would be sweet to save at least 500, going to ask. I am military etc. so whatever financing they have or want to work with me id do if it saved me some decent coin. I can have that money saved up by may anyway to pay off a loan off in full I think.

·
Registered
423 Posts
That rep was probably lying to generate demand, or just didn't have a clue. I'm pretty confident I'll be able to walk into one of the many Suzuki dealers in my area next April and buy this bike, just like I did in 2016 with my F. I guess we'll see in a few more months.

The F was not a good seller so I don't see why this bike would be much different. There are still brand new unsold 2018 and 2019 F's at some local dealers. Example: 2018 Suzuki GSX-S1000F ABS
Lol..I don't think the rep was lying...mark me words..there is no need to create demand on this bike...and there is a reason the F didn't sell well..it didn't come with all the stuff the gta is coming with...bags, heated grips, cruise control, etc etc....Have you talked to your dealer? The owner of my dealership is a personal friend. :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Lol..I don't think the rep was lying...mark me words..there is no need to create demand on this bike...and there is a reason the F didn't sell well..it didn't come with all the stuff the gta is coming with...bags, heated grips, cruise control, etc etc....Have you talked to your dealer? The owner of my dealership is a personal friend. :)
does it come with heated grips? thats neat, didnt know that.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yeah i went to the dealer 2 weeks ago and asked about the bike, the dealer didn't even know it existed. So I wouldn't trust him as far as I coudl throw him, and that ain't far cause he was a very fat dude.

The problem from my perspective with ordering a bike now is that when I go to pick it up in april or whatever, he'll be able to low ball me on my trade-in. He has no motivation to give me a fair price for my old bike when I've already given him a non-refundable deposit on the new bike. So I don't wanna commit to buying until I know what they'll give me for my F. I suppose this is not a concern if you just sell your bike privately, but I don't want to go through the hassle of that.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Yeah i went to the dealer 2 weeks ago and asked about the bike, the dealer didn't even know it existed. So I wouldn't trust him as far as I coudl throw him, and that ain't far cause he was a very fat dude.

The problem from my perspective with ordering a bike now is that when I go to pick it up in april or whatever, he'll be able to low ball me on my trade-in. He has no motivation to give me a fair price for my old bike when I've already given him a non-refundable deposit on the new bike. So I don't wanna commit to buying until I know what they'll give me for my F. I suppose this is not a concern if you just sell your bike privately, but I don't want to go through the hassle of that.
thats the plan for me, 8500 for my bike is more than I would get next year. so fingers crossed its gone tomorrow, means I lost around 3k total over 3-4 years. yeah, now I need to pony up another 5k for new bike. but I really see this being awesome for me.

my opinion, I LOVE MY GSXS1000, but man I do highway 99% of the time, everywhere all day, the lack of wind protection really got to me. I love the position/power etc, I did put Puig windscreen and it really helped me enjoy it, but in truth, I enjoyed my 13 gsxr 750 with double bubble immensely more, I rode around all day despite bad positioning, but that wind protection is gone.

if this new gsxs1000 has more than my gsxs1000 with Puig screen, to any decent amount more. I will enjoy it. the additional perks are nice. but its mainly wind protection doing me in on my bike

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
one big irk though on the new gt/gt+ is the single headlight on.. I mean.. petty.

How hard/feasible is this? assuming they are both designed similar housings/lights. why couldn't I just swap the high beam bulb for a same low beam bulb that is used on the other side?

I assume the voltage is higher to the high beam? if I put in a lower fuse/same fuse as the low beam, does that mean if I put a low beam bulb, and smaller fuse, that it would be same brightness as the other bulb? I wonder how I could tie them to both turn on without high beam bulb being used.

I dont ever use high beam, I dont really ride at night much. but I ride highway and high beam is a dick move to other cars anyway. but im not against having dual low beams, I imagine that would be quite nice for cruising at night.

·
Registered
407 Posts
You can't even see the headlight when you're on the bike so who cares? As long as it illuminates the road good, that's all that matters. I've had about 4 occasions where people in traffic shouted at me that my headlight was burnt out. I just said thanks, too lazy to explain to them it's supposed to be that way. lol

·
Registered
423 Posts

I’m going through the hassle now of selling privately. LOL.. but I’m in a position that I don’t “need” to sell it. If I hold on to it till spring so be it. But if I sell now and for some reason don’t get the new gta I’m going to not be happy... but I do have 5 other bikes to ride but love my F 🙂

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,144 Posts
does it come with heated grips? thats neat, didnt know that.
Heated grips are an optional extra in the UK they are £396 + fitting.
However they are nowhere near as good as the Oxford's as I have found out.
The operation is fiddly and they do not produce the same heat.
I had heard things in the past about them not heating the entire grip just a part of the circumference but the dealer assured me they now covered the whole grip, so I gave them a try.
A feature is that they reduce heating if they think the generator output is low, like when riding at low speed or stationary.?.:(
They will be OK for chilly conditions but can't see them coping with frost and cold. I found even the Oxfords couldn't cope with that.
The real answer of course is heated gloves.
Anyway I don't ride when its that cold so they will do for me. To end on a positive the wiring is less bulky than the Oxfords and there is no huge control panel sticking up.

Automotive tire Tire Bicycle part Bumper Vehicle

41 - 60 of 74 Posts