GSXS 1000 Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2016 GSX-S1000
86 Posts
I've got a set of those Oxford grips I'm about to put on my '16.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Heated grips are an optional extra in the UK they are £396 + fitting.
However they are nowhere near as good as the Oxford's as I have found out.
The operation is fiddly and they do not produce the same heat.
I had heard things in the past about them not heating the entire grip just a part of the circumference but the dealer assured me they now covered the whole grip, so I gave them a try.
A feature is that they reduce heating if they think the generator output is low, like when riding at low speed or stationary.?.:(
They will be OK for chilly conditions but can't see them coping with frost and cold. I found even the Oxfords couldn't cope with that.
The real answer of course is heated gloves.
Anyway I don't ride when its that cold so they will do for me. To end on a positive the wiring is less bulky than the Oxfords and there is no huge control panel sticking up.

View attachment 46836
I have Apollo heated grips on F and they are way better than Oxfords. I had the oxfords on a Dr650 and they were ok but I didn’t like the extra control panel. The Apollo grips have an integrated switch and 5 settings. They are more money but are totally worth it. I ride all year here in British Columbia so I know what works.

·
Registered
2016 GSX-S1000
86 Posts
I live in Alabama so it's only cold like a month or two out of the year, so the Oxford should be fine. It rarely gets below freezing here.

Reactions: trevor

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,144 Posts
Those Apollos look good, the Suzuki's look obscenely expensive in comparison.
For some reason they replace the throttle tube.
Wood Personal protective equipment Artifact Metal Leather

Camera accessory Wood Camera lens Auto part Lens

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Well guys, my gsxs1000 is gone, 8500. but I did keep my Asv levers (300 value) t rex frame sliders (my custom made ones they made for me with no engravings etc) 160 value, my little ram mount for phone 30 bucks, throttlemeister weighted bar ends 160 bucks I think. TST block off plate, gonna put on the next one when I remove the whale tail.

So kept about 600 worth of items. not too bad.

They will all transfer over to the next gsxs.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Called 2 dealerships, asked if I could get 400-500 off a GT+ if I pre order in next week or so. two of them took my info and said they may reach back out.

worth a shot. that would be like getting the upgrade between GT and GT+ for free. fingers crossed

·
Registered
41 Posts
Called 2 dealerships, asked if I could get 400-500 off a GT+ if I pre order in next week or so. two of them took my info and said they may reach back out.

worth a shot. that would be like getting the upgrade between GT and GT+ for free. fingers crossed
Link us the for sale link for your current bike. Where are you located?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Link us the for sale link for your current bike. Where are you located?
She gone. It was in classifieds. Sucks tho. Guy asked my bottom price I said 8500, lol
He took 500’ out his stack and handed to me. He was willing to pay 9k

it’s fine though. It’s gone and I was able to negotiate750 off my new gsxs I ordered today.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
isnt that some ****. fridge just died, 13 years out of nowhere. compressor isnt turning on, 2500 for a new fridge. son of a bich.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
do you guys think rear subframe is easy to remove? do I have to remove shock or anything? if its easy and not really chance to damage much. I am really considering when I get it, pulling the entire rear subframe, and powder coating OR painting the exposed area black, (not the whole thing) as it isnt needed and will be covered, if I powder coat the subframe, will it lose strength from being heated/during powder coating?I doubt it. but just asking.

the red part outlined, ignore the blue. the blue I am powder coating the tail end piece and heat shield black, thats why im considering powder coating the gold subframe black, (the passenger foot beg frame is black, but its bolted onto the gold) strange to me.

in my head it looks easy, 4 main bolts, 2 on each side, disconnect wires etc. and pull off, remove fairings. re assemble.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
423 Posts
There are a few dealers in Vancouver BC that are advertising the GT on Craigslist...I sent a email for fun to see when they "expect to see one on the showroom floor"....here is what I got back.

Hello Trevor,

Its now looking like our allocation for a unit in February is no longer coming unfortunately.

Are you considering any other options? Perhaps Kawasaki H2 SX SE?

61 - 74 of 74 Posts