GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added a G2 Throttle Tamer, Double Bubble (black) and a 8mm RAM
ball mount to the handlebar clamp. Still to come, bags, sliders, spools, rubber foot pegs, adjustable levers and grips (a byproduct of the G2 upgrade). Bags and grips are already ordered...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Added some Pro Grips and CBR 600 pegs this morning...

The stock grips are unusable with the G2 because the throttle side is larger than norm and molded to the tube. I tried making it work with some grip tape and glue, but the stock grip felt squishy.

The stock pegs are a little too narrow for my feet. The CBR pegs are perfect and a super cheap upgrade!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Added some Pro Grips and CBR 600 pegs this morning...

The stock grips are unusable with the G2 because the throttle side is larger than norm and molded to the tube. I tried making it work with some grip tape and glue, but the stock grip felt squishy.

The stock pegs are a little too narrow for my feet. The CBR pegs are perfect and a super cheap upgrade!
I'm using the stock grip with my throttle tamer. I just used some grip glue which is holding up fine.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Installed some SW-Motech saddlebags. The package took nearly 4 weeks to arrive from abroad. also, FedEx temporarily lost the package by delivering it to the wrong address. I managed to recover and install the bags this afternoon.

Also installed a Vagabond fender eliminator a couple weeks back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know you did this a couple of months ago but was wondering how wide those pegs are. I wear a size 13W boot and looking at replacing my pegs. I also have had the piece of metal on the bottom snag my jeans a few times and would like to rid myself of that possible safety issue.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know you did this a couple of months ago but was wondering how wide those pegs are. I wear a size 13W boot and looking at replacing my pegs. I also have had the piece of metal on the bottom snag my jeans a few times and would like to rid myself of that possible safety issue.
The rubber surface is 90mm long by 29.5mm wide.

·
Registered
6 Posts
OregonLAN thanks for getting that so quick. Longest ones I found were 77mm so it looks like you found the best solution for me! Going to order some tonight. I will let you know what I think when I get them, install, and force myself to ride :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts