GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright Chaps,

Thought this would be useful. Ive had my bike, an F for about 6 months and done about 5000 miles, all pretty short trips to the twisties.

One thing I havent done is a long day, so I had a day off and thought I would just see what its like. I have a GS BMW 1200 that I would use for touring, but sometimes its a bit too big for the extreme roads in the Alps so I thought I would just see if the F could compete. I know that it would be miles better once in the twisties, but I was a bit concerned how it would fare on those long days.

Long story short, it was absolutely fine. The day was a mix of twisty roads with an hour or so of motorways. I have the MRA screen on which gives a little more protection, but only slightly more.

It was 12 degrees and I have heated grips so I had summer gloves on- I was quite impressed with the fairings ability to deflect the cold air from my hands- something I never really imagined.

The seat was fine, and the comfort was miles better than my S1000R. Riding position spot on, Im 5`9 and 170 lbs.
Great MPG, and I was going for it when I could. Softened the suspension all around to make it a little more compliant.

Overall I wouldnt hesitate to take this to the Alps, or for a week away with long day rides- absolutely brilliant!!

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Oh the Alps, well aren't you just a fancy f***. Glad it made the trip, I wouldn't have any doubts in making a similar trip on mine. However, I could ride 500 miles in any direction and not see an elevation change of more than 500ft, hence my first sentence.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have rode these distances myself a couple of times and only problem I found was the wind being directed over the screen to my helmet gets a bit tiring after a while but that would be easily fixed with another screen or a wind deflector I'll look at later but as for the seat and seating position no problem at all doing this distance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts