GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In August I got to test ride the new Busa and absolutely loved it. Thinking about getting one ever since. Feels more planted, has better wind protection than my naked 1000, great pillion comfort (one of the main reasons I thought about changing bikes in the first place), great dash. But best of all the smoothness and refinement how that 150Nm torque powerhouse of an engine carries itself.

Obviously there are a lot of downsides too. Seating position needs dedication or work (but mostly bar risers), it's good 50kg heavier and somewhat thirstier.

Wonder if anybody has any experience with it, how would compare the Hayabusa to the GSXS1000.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I've heard nothing but good reports about the latest busa.
I used to own a gen 1 it was a great bike.
The main problem I used to have was if I parked with the bike being on a bit of a slope on the side stand side I would have trouble getting it off the side stand because of it's weight and being 5'6" lol.
The engines are awsome like I've never heard of any valves being out of spec even after the bikes done 110,000ks so basically don't worry about checking valves for a long time.
As for the seating position you will get used to it plus don't forget you will have cruise control 👍🏼

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have never had an engine issue on motorcycle to be honest, I always use good oil and regular intervals. seems to run forever. Suzuki knows what it is doing, mechanical variances do happen but not too often. if you like it get it. I just felt it was always too large for me. but I like smaller bikes, gsxs is largest bike ive owned. its nimble enough however

·
Registered
101 Posts
My business partner picked his up a couple months back and since has only put 100 or so miles on it. I planned on riding it and he keeps telling me to take it since he never gets to. If the weather is nice this weekend I may take it and break it in for him. 😬 If I do, I’ll let you know my thoughts on it.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Looks like a beast. I love the look, and I'm sure on the straight and twisty tarmac, it's magnificent. It doesn't seem like a great choice for commuting and around town. Too much weight. But,.. I'd take one if someone gave me one. 🤣 Don't know if I'd trade my F for one (except for resale value). It is a beautiful beast!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts