GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All! Took bike (F model) in for 4012 mile service. Total cost with oil change, and basic check, air pressure adjust, chain tension check, etc etc was $87.34. Wow--just the parts alone were more than that for my old bmer. No issues and OEM tires are still going and yes that includes many half decent wheelies (especially with the day temperatures finally in the mid 80s).

Perhaps of interest was the tech changed the filter without disturbing the fairing. The shop was slow so they let me watch--he fed the filter up under the bottom right of motor (looking at bike). Woohoo.

Surprisingly, I still haven't seen any of these on the road. I happened to stop by the big Euro brand/Duc dealer in Scottsdale to buy a present for a friend. The young lot attendant stopped his ATV to gawk at it because he'd "never seen one." He asked what motor it had and when he heard about the long-stroke K5 gixer motor I thought he'd wet himself. Ha! Later...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paul, Next time I'm meeting you at your shop! I know it'll offset the shipping. Ha! I just watched the TV show "Better Late than Never" with Henry Winkler and Terry Bradshaw among others and was hoping to see your Gixus on screen when they filmed the episode in Phuket. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts