GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S1000F (2020)
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roundabouts suck.

Devastated I don’t have a bike now as it’s £1300 fix.

:(

In a fair bit of pain but doing alright, nothing seems broken beside the bike. First crash out the way, only took 15 months and 51 motorcycles, so I got off lucky!

Wood Grey Automotive tire Comfort Flooring

Automotive lighting Road surface Asphalt Tar Thoroughfare

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S1000F (2020)
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aw sheeeeet :(

Not a good few weeks for you pal. First the rad now this?

Was it diesel on the roundabout?
Yeah been a rough few weeks including putting the dog down.

I don’t think so regarding diesel, I was just going faster than I should have been on slick roads and leaned it over, lost grip and went down.

Totally my fault x

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,139 Posts
Commiserations JP, frame sliders may have saved the fairings but nothing is ever going to save the exhaust. Is it an insurance claim ? If not I hope it is only £1500, could be more I think.
I've had a couple of claims and they replaced everything with even the tiniest scratch even the wheels. Good for me but bad for insurance rates.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry to hear about this, glad you’re ok.
On a positive note, you could take the opportunity to do the ‘all black’ makeover you wanted…..

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S1000F (2020)
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Commiserations JP, frame sliders may have saved the fairings but nothing is ever going to save the exhaust. Is it an insurance claim ? If not I hope it is only £1500, could be more I think.
I've had a couple of claims and they replaced everything with even the tiniest scratch even the wheels. Good for me but bad for insurance rates.
Definitely mate but just couldn’t afford them, had to fix radiator two weeks ago etc, just crap timing as I was due to buy them in two weeks on payday.

Can’t do insurance dude already a struggle to get insured this time at £2000 due to ozone case on my Indian (someone knocked it over while parked).

So claiming would probably leave me with a fixed bike and no insurance.

·
Registered
339 Posts
ive wrecked many bikes, that would cost below 2k for me to fix with oem parts from Motorsport.com sliders would of saved the engine casing though.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Surely you can find a stock muffler someone isn’t using, here on the Forum, go with bar-end mirrors, any window tint place can make the Suzuki sticker out of vinyl for you (find the logo online and just give them the measurements), and a local auto body painter can sand and paint the fairings. No need to replace OEM. You can sand and spray paint the brake lever yourself.
Will need to replace the small cover on the engine though. Shouldn’t be too expensive overall.

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S1000F (2020)
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ive wrecked many bikes, that would cost below 2k for me to fix with oem parts from Motorsport.com sliders would of saved the engine casing though.
It would have, unfortunately I don't have the money for them yet, I was due to get them in a few weeks.

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S1000F (2020)
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Surely you can find a stock muffler someone isn’t using, here on the Forum, go with bar-end mirrors, any window tint place can make the Suzuki sticker out of vinyl for you (find the logo online and just give them the measurements), and a local auto body painter can sand and paint the fairings. No need to replace OEM. You can sand and spray paint the brake lever yourself.
Will need to replace the small cover on the engine though. Shouldn’t be too expensive overall.
Not sure, never really been a part of a group or forum before so I'm not really sure what is available etc. Maybe someone would have a stock can around? Depends how much they'd want for it as I'm really not in a good place financially now, already had to fix the radiator etc.

As for fairings, around here it would cost about £300 to fix, spray etc. And when new ones are about £400 is it really worth it?

Good ideas though man thanks for sharing!!!! I'll definitely look at fixing what I can myself!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think people over estimate the protection that crash bungs provide in terms of engine protection. I’ve fitted them to my bike but these two bikes make them seem pretty pointless - these are two different bikes…..
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S1000F (2020)
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think people over estimate the protection that crash bungs provide in terms of engine protection. I’ve fitted them to my bike but these two bikes make them seem pretty pointless - these are two different bikes…..
That is really invaluable information man, thanks! Were these slides like mine or drops? I always personally thought of sliders saving a bike when it topples over rather than sliding down the road. As in order ot prevent that it would need to be stiff enough to bend the frame I think?

·
Registered
339 Posts
but- I side with everyone here. who cares about the bike as long as you are fine and safe. I have permanent shoulder damage from my stunting/tracking. looking back, I would of sacrificed the bikes fully if I could take my body damage back. opposite happened, my body is hurt and the bikes was saved.

I did one low speed fall at home, they put new asphalt down, and I wrecked going 5mph, it just sprinkled/rained and my tires slid like ice, low speed fall onto my shoulder hurt like a mother eferr. couldn't lift my right arm for like 10 months, I have residual damage still. but it did get better.

made me question if I wanted to track/stunt etc anymore, and I gave it up. thats why I want a gt+, all I do is commute now

your bike would of been a hair easier though if the engine case wasn't scuffed up. that kind of sucks, maybe you can sand it down gently and hit it with some spray paint, semi gloss. vs having to replace it.

the fairings, will swap directly. easier just to buy another exhaust stock replacement. can be had cheaply on Ebay or off a member here.

--- guy above. that sucks! I looked at your damage more closely. it looks like your frame slider bent, and gave out. if it would of stayed strong and not failed, it would of prevented much less damage. believe it or not, the woodcrafts, NEVER bent on me. thank god. would of totaled the bike time after time.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Not sure, never really been a part of a group or forum before so I'm not really sure what is available etc. Maybe someone would have a stock can around? Depends how much they'd want for it as I'm really not in a good place financially now, already had to fix the radiator etc.

As for fairings, around here it would cost about £300 to fix, spray etc. And when new ones are about £400 is it really worth it?

Good ideas though man thanks for sharing!!!! I'll definitely look at fixing what I can myself!

I actually got quotes on repainting my fairings, people wanted a few hundred, was dumb. Motorsport got me replacement fairings for like 400 bucks. which was around what they wanted to spray. so I went that route.-- I hope I never wreck a bike again. got so tired of constantly ordering replacement fairings. $$$$

1 - 20 of 69 Posts