GSXS 1000 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Both were slides afaik, if you’re on Facebook you should join the GSXS UK Group, one of the bikes belongs to a chap on there and he’s just had it repaired by Fowlers.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Both were slides afaik, if you’re on Facebook you should join the GSXS UK Group, one of the bikes belongs to a chap on there and he’s just had it repaired by Fowlers.
ah. still better than no slider though. I still recommend them to anyone who plays hard.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Yeah been a rough few weeks including putting the dog down.

I don’t think so regarding diesel, I was just going faster than I should have been on slick roads and leaned it over, lost grip and went down.

Totally my fault x
I feel sorry 4 ya.
It's bad enough crashing but having to put the dog down hurts the most..
Get well quickly..

·
Registered
2016 f
433 Posts
hi jp, sorry for your loss, dogs do worm there way into our affections, regards your bike, ive had a simular lowside a couple of years ago, same side, fairing sides were quite cheap, i also scuffed my starter cover, broke my r/h footrest, mirror,brake pedal, scuffed bar end, i was insured so claimed, but the parts bill was around $2k nz, ive found a cheap source of stock japanese bike parts - megazip, they take there time delivering, but their prices are very good, worth checking online, thankfully you werent injured

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Suckage man! I'm sorry and hope you are able to get you and your bike on the road soon. If you were in the states, I have an OEM exhaust I could give you. Probably some in the UK somewhere.
Bar end mirrors, aftermarket levers, and bar-ends are everywhere for cheap. These levers are good and cheap.

·
Registered
97 Posts
JP I bought some exhaust parts job-lot - i may have stock end can you can have cheap.

You have sports-orientated tyres, i wonder if they struggle with very cold/wet in combo?

·
Registered
97 Posts
+ if you need a hand sorting this out, let me know.

I've had the panels off and have previous experience of sorting out low-sided bikes (had a phase a long time ago).

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S1000F (2020)
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I feel sorry 4 ya.
It's bad enough crashing but having to put the dog down hurts the most..
Get well quickly..
Thann you bro, really appreciate that x

hi jp, sorry for your loss, dogs do worm there way into our affections, regards your bike, ive had a simular lowside a couple of years ago, same side, fairing sides were quite cheap, i also scuffed my starter cover, broke my r/h footrest, mirror,brake pedal, scuffed bar end, i was insured so claimed, but the parts bill was around $2k nz, ive found a cheap source of stock japanese bike parts - megazip, they take there time delivering, but their prices are very good, worth checking online, thankfully you werent injured
Thanks so much Kiwi, I’ll check it out, I’m pretty swollen / can’t move today or make a fist etc, so not completely unharmed but as good as considering what could’ve been!

Suckage man! I'm sorry and hope you are able to get you and your bike on the road soon. If you were in the states, I have an OEM exhaust I could give you. Probably some in the UK somewhere.
Bar end mirrors, aftermarket levers, and bar-ends are everywhere for cheap. These levers are good and cheap.
Thanks for the tips man! I wanna keep the bike stock though as I really enjoy the way it looks

Sorry about your bike my friend....but you are good...which is really good. Cheers
Thank you mate

JP I bought some exhaust parts job-lot - i may have stock end can you can have cheap.

You have sports-orientated tyres, i wonder if they struggle with very cold/wet in combo?
That would be amazing mate, the Avon’s are designed for wet weather and heat up quickly, I believe they are some of the best performing wet tyres out atm?

But the edge of the tyre is slick so it was my fault, I leaned too far and moved from the grooves on the tyre to the slick edge and obviously in the wet that has no grip at all, but in the dry it gives you extra grip haha 😂

+ if you need a hand sorting this out, let me know.

I've had the panels off and have previous experience of sorting out low-sided bikes (had a phase a long time ago).
Thanks mate, should be okay I stripped it for the radiator! Going to be a slow repair due to costs but bit by bit I’ll fix her up again.

Bent bars aside she rides just fine now as I’ve had the exhaust and foot lever bent back out, and the front lever I had adjusted closest, so adjusted that furthest out and feels the same etc.

So I’m replacing the cover, indicator, and bars first, that means it’s road legal and riding safely.

Then I can sort fairings and all the pretty stuff later on x

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S1000F (2020)
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I don’t suppose anyone in the forum who swapped to bar ends would have an original mirror?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I see your end-can is black, the end can i have is the earlier bright-metal finish. I guess you want the stock black look. But it is there if you do want it (£30 to you)

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S1000F (2020)
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I see your end-can is black, the end can i have is the earlier bright-metal finish. I guess you want the stock black look. But it is there if you do want it (£30 to you)
Thank you mate x

·
Registered
346 Posts
I think people over estimate the protection that crash bungs provide in terms of engine protection. I’ve fitted them to my bike but these two bikes make them seem pretty pointless - these are two different bikes….. View attachment 47182
View attachment 47181
Frame sliders do minimize damage to your bodywork, but their main function is preventing terminal damage to your engine.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Frame sliders do minimize damage to your bodywork, but their main function is preventing terminal damage to your engine.
but doesnt do any good if the actual slider breakss/bends. gotta pay for the sturdiest/direct bolt frame ones. the ones that go around fairings are crap. they break right off generally.

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
537 Posts
japan.webike.net

everything is waaayyy cheaper even with import tax

GB racing Engine covers maybe a worthwhile consideration too

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
537 Posts
put an SC Project exhaust on 2 weeks ago