GSXS 1000 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S1000F (2020)
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I’m so frustrated trying to fix this thing myself. Just took the cover off to replace it and a ****ing washer fell down into the engine.

So now a 5 minute job has turned into a job I don’t know how to do, and hours. Who designs a bike like this?

that washer fell behind the gear and I can’t find it anywhere.

Crankset Automotive tire Gear Wheel Bicycle part

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S1000F (2020)
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
should be able to replace the damage for less than a grand

I was skeptical about ordering from japan but
the parts arrived quicker than 3 different orders made from Italy recently

took about 5 days - 4 different orders

very impressive
couldn't even find handlebars on there so no idea how the website works I tried searching for bars, handle, handle bars, renthal.

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S1000F (2020)
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Glad you walked away from it, bikes are easier to repair than people.

Sorry to hear about your dog, we lost our previous one nearly 2 years ago and I still miss her, and I think about her nearly every day.
Cheers mate, sorry about your loss too

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
537 Posts
I love this forum, between the manual and a member coming up to help it’s all sorted!

Thanks @pilninggas and @Gixus 🥰❤
it's a frickinn long learning curve if you've patience.

i feel comfortable doing anything on this bike (apart from the engine)

I've even changed my tyres without a tyre changing tool , changed the suspension , rewired electrics.

just remember to walk away when you get frustrated

this forum & YouTube (to mod or not - check his channel) taught me loads

as for japan.webike.net ,

use # SUZUKI MOTORCYCLES - Genuine Spare Parts Catalog to find the correct replacement

& take the part number across to japan.webike.net (eliminating the 3 zer0's at the end of each part number) & you'll find what you need

as an example

i knackered my front wheel by not reinserting the spacer & bearings & correctly setting the suspension before tightening the fork pinchbolts - there's a specific process - consequently my wheel was wobbling all over the place - can't upload videos to this site as people won't believe me when I say 2 inches to the left & right - 30 miles from home

Basically needed a new wheel

, someone on the forum recommended japan.webike.net as getting the wheel from bike-parts Suzuki or fowler would cost £660

japan.webike.net £380 + 20% import tax is £460 & it arrived in 5 days

If you use them choose FedEx service as they'll send you an import invoice after about 3 weeks then you'll have another 30 days to pay

essentially they release the item without you having to pay straight away so less immediate damage to the wallet

recently ordered an

oil sump pan
front fender
front wheel

ALL SEPARATE ORDERS

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
537 Posts
Sounds like you need a manual. Try this manual download.

thanks for posting this

appreciated 🙏🏾👊🏾

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S 1000
537 Posts
I’m so frustrated trying to fix this thing myself. Just took the cover off to replace it and a ****ing washer fell down into the engine.

So now a 5 minute job has turned into a job I don’t know how to do, and hours. Who designs a bike like this?

that washer fell behind the gear and I can’t find it anywhere.

View attachment 47186

Sooooo **** painful , I've embarrassed myself fixing my bike with these exact scenarios by cursing with the most profane language at night when at least both my neighbours can definitely hear me

bear in mind I work outside so then it starts raining & next thing you know it's dark & i need the bike for work or have to get the train our sh!tty capital city 😂

it's actually quicker to move slowly when working on it & talk yourself through what your doing in the moment - out loud if you have to

also didn't realise how many dammm tools you need to change the simplest of things

👇👇👇👇

☝☝☝

essential bit of kit

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S1000F (2020)
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
it's a frickinn long learning curve if you've patience.

i feel comfortable doing anything on this bike (apart from the engine)

I've even changed my tyres without a tyre changing tool , changed the suspension , rewired electrics.

just remember to walk away when you get frustrated

this forum & YouTube (to mod or not - check his channel) taught me loads

as for japan.webike.net ,

use # SUZUKI MOTORCYCLES - Genuine Spare Parts Catalog to find the correct replacement

& take the part number across to japan.webike.net (eliminating the 3 zer0's at the end of each part number) & you'll find what you need

as an example

i knackered my front wheel by not reinserting the spacer & bearings & correctly setting the suspension before tightening the fork pinchbolts - there's a specific process - consequently my wheel was wobbling all over the place - can't upload videos to this site as people won't believe me when I say 2 inches to the left & right - 30 miles from home

Basically needed a new wheel

, someone on the forum recommended japan.webike.net as getting the wheel from bike-parts Suzuki or fowler would cost £660

japan.webike.net £380 + 20% import tax is £460 & it arrived in 5 days

If you use them choose FedEx service as they'll send you an import invoice after about 3 weeks then you'll have another 30 days to pay

essentially they release the item without you having to pay straight away so less immediate damage to the wallet

recently ordered an

oil sump pan
front fender
front wheel

ALL SEPARATE ORDERS
That’s a lot of amazing information thanks!!!!

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S1000F (2020)
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Sooooo **** painful , I've embarrassed myself fixing my bike with these exact scenarios by cursing with the most profane language at night when at least both my neighbours can definitely hear me

bear in mind I work outside so then it starts raining & next thing you know it's dark & i need the bike for work or have to get the train our sh!tty capital city 😂

it's actually quicker to move slowly when working on it & talk yourself through what your doing in the moment - out loud if you have to

also didn't realise how many dammm tools you need to change the simplest of things

👇👇👇👇

☝☝☝

essential bit of kit
Yeah it’s crazy hahahaha

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S1000F (2020)
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I’ve compared prices from my dealer directly vs webike and it’s rarely cheaper or worth the hassle importing?

From Webike the fairings come to £284 +import tax / customs.

From my dealer £281 + VAT.

So the reality is I’m pretty much at the exact same price only one I can get locally and one comes from Japan?

It’s been the same for every part I’ve looked up so far, so I’m guessing it’s USA people benefiting from this?

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
2,144 Posts
Telescopic magnet is the most treasured tool I have. :)

Reactions: JP_ and GSXS-NH

·
Registered
347 Posts
I’ve compared prices from my dealer directly vs webike and it’s rarely cheaper or worth the hassle importing?

From Webike the fairings come to £284 +import tax / customs.

From my dealer £281 + VAT.

So the reality is I’m pretty much at the exact same price only one I can get locally and one comes from Japan?

It’s been the same for every part I’ve looked up so far, so I’m guessing it’s USA people benefiting from this?
Motorsport gives 20% off of mfr' prices. it used to be tax free too, but the govie made sure to end that. its the only place I shop for fairings/oem parts.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don’t suppose anyone in the forum who swapped to bar ends would have an original mirror?
Which side mirror do you need? Had a pair shipped over from my brother in the states as spares… **** things were hard to find over here.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I gave away all those OEM parts, wish I kept them to help you. sad thing is, half the parts I gave away was randoms signing up 1 post then asking for parts, but no one else really wanted them.

·
Registered
Suzuki GSX-S1000F (2020)
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Haha tempting fate much??
Hahaha yeah! But it was alright in the end :D

Also is yours the naked or F model, as the mirrors i have are for the F…
Right hand side and the F! Can definitely chat over PM or WhatsApp if you’re happy to sell it?

I gave away all those OEM parts, wish I kept them to help you. sad thing is, half the parts I gave away was randoms signing up 1 post then asking for parts, but no one else really wanted them.
Thats very kind mate, I appreciate the sentiment regardless!

41 - 60 of 69 Posts