GSXS 1000 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anyone else get one? It’s straight up $50 and can be used on anything anywhere. I know I’ve spent a lot of coin with them over the years but they’ve never given me anything in return. Especially in these strange economic times we are in right now.

Letter was just that not a letter just said Suzuki rewards program with the debit card inside with the usual instructions how to use it and where. I’ve not signed up for anything leading up to this. I don’t do promotional anything.
I got one in the mail today… I was wondering how I got it.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
That’s pretty cool. What did they explain regarding the GC?
Just apologizing for the global pannier delay which mine were not delayed. And said the gift card was in recognition of the recent high fuel cost. They stated in the card the pannier delay was out of their control basically.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Suzuki USA is definitely handling this much better than Suzuki Canada. I didn't even get an apology. And I still haven't received my panniers.

Is that a motorcycle duffel bag meant for touring, or just a regular non-moto one?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Suzuki USA is definitely handling this much better than Suzuki Canada. I didn't even get an apology. And I still haven't received my panniers.

Is that a motorcycle duffel bag meant for touring, or just a regular non-moto one?
It is not water proof but I guess you could use it. I think it is mostly for looks and casual toting things in. The hat is a flat biller type hat which I am not fond of. I'll hang it in my bike area most likely.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pretty ironic that in an effort to smooth this pannier fiasco situation over, the guy that didn’t have to wait for his gets the swag first. I am sure we will all get ours in due time, just thought it was funny.

Been waiting on mine for almost 8 weeks and I know others have been waiting longer than that. I understand the sentiment, and I appreciate it but I just want my **** side bags not a cheap hat and bag that I will probably never use.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Pretty ironic that in an effort to smooth this pannier fiasco situation over, the guy that didn’t have to wait for his gets the swag first. I am sure we will all get ours in due time, just thought it was funny.

Been waiting on mine for almost 8 weeks and I know others have been waiting longer than that. I understand the sentiment, and I appreciate it but I just want my **** side bags not a cheap hat and bag that I will probably never use.

I hear ya on that. My bike arrived the last week of June with no bags. I’m a Service manager at a Suzuki dealer and had to beg tech line for an answer as to when I’d get mine. No real answers, as it was said it’s a vendor issue. So I went along with it.
I placed another call the first part of August, explaining I’ve planned a vacation around the bike with bags. I guess they pulled some strings and had a set to me 3 days before I’d planned on leaving. A total of 8 weeks. I hope you get them soon. It is crazy the things we must wait on now.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
It’s the new norm ain’t got nothing to do with me getting mine at time of bike delivery BUT from reading your reply’s it seems I was basically first in line because of when I ordered my bike. 🤷‍♂️ Don’t shoot the messenger.

However Suzuki does keep track of repeat customers and I have been a solid one since 1975. I’m close to owning every thing they ever made at one point minus the cruiser junk. I’m on my 4th-7th on some models. 🙈

I do sympathize with everyone on not getting what you paid for but it’s crazy times globally right now for any manufacturer it’s not just Suzuki. Go buy a new GMC truck and heated and cooled seats are deleted with a stupid $50 credit given due to chip shortages. I know who to blame but I’ve been there enough here so I won’t push that button any longer. If you know then you know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It’s the new norm ain’t got nothing to do with me getting mine at time of bike delivery BUT from reading your reply’s it seems I was basically first in line because of when I ordered my bike. 🤷‍♂️ Don’t shoot the messenger.

However Suzuki does keep track of repeat customers and I have been a solid one since 1975. I’m close to owning every thing they ever made at one point minus the cruiser junk. I’m on my 4th-7th on some models. 🙈

I do sympathize with everyone on not getting what you paid for but it’s crazy times globally right now for any manufacturer it’s not just Suzuki. Go buy a new GMC truck and heated and cooled seats are deleted with a stupid $50 credit given due to chip shortages. I know who to blame but I’ve been there enough here so I won’t push that button any longer. If you know then you know.
I’m on my 22nd Suzuki. 1 GSXS1000GT+ that I ordered as soon as they allowed them. 6 GSXR750’s. 9 GSXR1000’s, 2 VStroms, 1 King Quad 750, 2 DR650’s, 1 DRZ400SM. Those are registered units, not to mention the used ones I’ve picked up over the decades. And I’ve worked for a Suzuki dealer for over 20 years. Brand loyal for sure. Nothing personal but I’m not buying they keep track. Just luck of the draw.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I’m on my 22nd Suzuki. 1 GSXS1000GT+ that I ordered as soon as they allowed them. 6 GSXR750’s. 9 GSXR1000’s, 2 VStroms, 1 King Quad 750, 2 DR650’s, 1 DRZ400SM. Those are registered units, not to mention the used ones I’ve picked up over the decades. And I’ve worked for a Suzuki dealer for over 20 years. Brand loyal for sure. Nothing personal but I’m not buying they keep track. Just luck of the draw.
I’m closing in on 55 units if they do keep track plus I bought a few of their ****ty vehicles. Not like I’m in California with a close address but it does seem clear from my original post I got my panniers basically with my bike, I got the card first and now this. 🤷‍♂️ I also road raced their GSXRs for 17 years and put them on the box and in the print many many times.

What ever, I do not really care. I simply shared here my experience and you seem to be a bit angry by it all. Understandable but it’s not my fault your panniers are not on your bike. 🤔

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’m closing in on 55 units if they do keep track plus I bought a few of their ****ty vehicles. Not like I’m in California with a close address but it does seem clear from my original post I got my panniers basically with my bike, I got the card first and now this. 🤷‍♂️ I also road raced their GSXRs for 17 years and put them on the box and in the print many many times.

What ever, I do not really care. I simply shared here my experience and you seem to be a bit angry by it all. Understandable but it’s not my fault your panniers are not on your bike. 🤔
Simmer down Fella, not angry at all. I did get mine several weeks later. It took a few calls to My Technical Service Manager. They pulled some strings and got them to me. I am sure I have had as many units as that. The ones I posted are registered units.
I have a Lifetime membership With Wera, Been Current Since 1988. Expert Since 1990 Thats 34 years of Racing! Several Championships and The podium Was stood on most every weekend, Except a few Crashes, Goes with the territory... Not to mention Suzuki Cup Racing Up Until it was pulled. We are both obviously Brand Loyal and have experienced things differently. I wish You well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So I received my hat and bag today. After looking at the bag, wondering how it would fit inside the side cases, that I don’t have yet. For those that have their complete bike and received the chotskies, can you check fitment of the bag inside the pannier please?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
So I received my hat and bag today. After looking at the bag, wondering how it would fit inside the side cases, that I don’t have yet. For those that have their complete bike and received the chotskies, can you check fitment of the bag inside the pannier please?
I would be glad to however I’m coming down off nasty anesthesia from surgery today and I’m still In a lot of discomfort from the co2 gas in my abdomen. Plus it’s 95 degrees outside here today. I should have looked yesterday but had to much going on with surgery prep I never got around to it. My panniers are not on the bike at the moment and up on a high shelf in garage. From looking yesterday unpacking the bag it looked like ok fit to me. Better than my current option of no bag.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts