GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i took the old girl for a spin today (The wife that is as a pillion) and she didn't think it was too bad, understanding the bike really isn't setup and designed for it but she believes the rear foot pegs need to be moved forward to help with the seat being angled down always trying to make her slide forward so i will see what i can manufacture there for her to move the pegs, also there was some vibration through the seat on the highway which i don't know where it comes from as i don't feel it so i just told her to enjoy the ride lol.
The softness of the seat was never a problem but the height of the seat getting on and off is difficult for her as she is only short but there's not much i can do about that so just a small mod to do moving the pegs and eventually adding a ventura rack so she can hang onto and maybe lean back on it.
So a decent distance trip might be out of the question for now until i do some mods but around town and short distance was no problem at all.

Reactions: vnuh

·
Registered
104 Posts
So i took the old girl for a spin today (The wife that is as a pillion) and she didn't think it was too bad, understanding the bike really isn't setup and designed for it but she believes the rear foot pegs need to be moved forward to help with the seat being angled down always trying to make her slide forward so i will see what i can manufacture there for her to move the pegs, also there was some vibration through the seat on the highway which i don't know where it comes from as i don't feel it so i just told her to enjoy the ride lol.
The softness of the seat was never a problem but the height of the seat getting on and off is difficult for her as she is only short but there's not much i can do about that so just a small mod to do moving the pegs and eventually adding a ventura rack so she can hang onto and maybe lean back on it.
So a decent distance trip might be out of the question for now until i do some mods but around town and short distance was no problem at all.
Cheers for that. I was actually in the market for a GSX1400 for the missus and myself but she said I can go for something that I would enjoy a bit more and have good fun with. And the aim of the GSX-S was that if she wanted to go for a krooze around town or short distance she still can.

If I may ask, how tall is your wife? My missus is about 5'10".

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My wife is about 5'7 i'm guessing on a good day lol , I previously had a gsx1400 I sold for the gsxs and it was a perfect bike for a pillion and great for riding but like you my wife said to get what suits me as I ride solo 95% of the time and the 1400 although was about 30kg heavier it felt a lot more but while it was an awesome bike to ride I told my wife if she wanted more comfort I would have to get another bike just for her to sit on and she agreed so an older katana 750 upright version could be in the shed soon setup for the touring and pillion, **** the GSXS not being fully comfortable for longer trips :)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the confusion probable the way I described it, the katana is for me but a bit more comfortable for the wife to sit on the back of, just an excuse for another bike for me :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sorry for the confusion probable the way I described it, the katana is for me but a bit more comfortable for the wife to sit on the back of, just an excuse for another bike for me
Hey, I'm all for a Katana. Wouldn't mind one myself

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, I'm all for a Katana. Wouldn't mind one myself
But why stop at 1, wouldn't we love a shed like this one in Japan where all these recently sold at auction :)

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts