GSXS 1000 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Story Worth Living

Anyone see this movie last night? I've been waiting to see this for a while and had planned an epic night with many motorcycle friends. We even brought whisky and sandwiches into the theater.

The movie was a complete let down, totally disappointing. It was supposed to be about 5 guys who ride through the mountains on BMW adventure motorcycles. It wasn't. What it really was, was 5 guys riding on a dirt road for about 45 seconds and then pulling over and sitting around a fire and talking about Star Wars and The Hobbit for the next 20 minutes. Then they wake up the next day and sit around the morning fire and talk more and drink coffee for about 10 minutes. Then they get on their bikes, all awhile talking about today's awesome riding adventure, and then they start riding...........for about 2 minutes, and then the next scene is them at the next camp site sitting around the fire talking about girlfriends and relationships. Then the sun comes up and they get up and talk about what awesome riding they're going to do today and they get on their bikes and pull onto the dirt road and ride.........for about 45 seconds and then the next scene is them at the next campsite sitting around a fire talking about their lives and the direction they hoped they'd take.

In my opinion, I didn't feel like this was a motorcycle movie at all. It was a complete and total waste of an evening. I think that, just because of this experience, I'll never buy anything from Twisted Throttle again.

Anyone else see it? What is your opinion.

Reactions: Bennyblanco

·
Registered
2021(updated model) GSX-S1000
1,884 Posts
Not seen it but yeah it's annoying when you get sucked in to something like that.
I watched a film last night that I recorded off the TV some time ago called "Biker Boyz". How I managed to stick it to the end I don't know, perhaps the whiskey & tonic helped ? I amused myself laughing at the implausibility of the "racing" scenarios.

Just found it on you-tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwxAOHyQPbk
If you watch it I suggest you have a few beers beforehand. :D

Reactions: Bennyblanco

·
Registered
164 Posts
One of the BMW club members saw it and had a similar opinion to Thumper07's. Called it a chick flick with no bike action--was bummed. It appears to be a "A Movie Worth Missing."

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
164 Posts
Wow, what a rip. I'm still hoping for the appearance of a couple of bike movies: One is based on the book by Mark Gardiner called "Riding Man" about his experience in the IOM TT. The other was supposed to be a life story on Mike the Bike Hailwood. If I were King, these would worth seeing!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
You know what I think they did was broadcast that it was a 1 night only show, and post an incredible video making people believe it was going to be an epic movie, so it would be one night sold out show and people wouldn't be able to change their mind about seeing it after hearing other people's complaints.

Great sales ploy, that's what it was. Actually, a pretty intelligent trick. 1 day show only! People are forced to buy tickets and every theater is sold out. Then they RIP everyone off and run away with all that cash!

Bravo, my hats off to you.

I will never buy anything from Twisted Throttle again. (Update) I just sent them an email, with their contact form, telling them exactly this and to close my account for good. I hope everyone else does the same thing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Barf

:( Sad waste of time. I just kept hoping they would actually show some riding, but it just kept getting worse.
What a joke when they showed the 'crash'. And then to top it off they wasted more of our time with the 'arrival home' and then the 'debrief'.
A few cool shots that last about 45 seconds and then the painful talking about nothing I am interested in.
Boooooooo Twisted Throttle.

·
Registered
147 Posts
OK, this has nothing to do with that movie, but just a funny movie story, and apologies in advance since it has noting to do with bikes and not necessarily relevant to this site. A few years ago I went to one of those "arty" cinema's with a close female friend to watch an alternative arty movie, which was on her recommendation. I was really not keen, but she insisted, so we went. When we got there I saw a movie being screened indicating it had sexual and sensual content. Suddenly, things promising and I suggested we watch that movie, and although she was now not that keen to see that particularly movie because of the sexual nature, she still agreed since it was her idea to go to that cinema in the first place. The only thing that happened in the movie was couples talking about sexual and sensual content and how it affected relationships and its deeper meanings, with no visual content whatsoever. I regretted having chosen the movie and it was the most boring freaking 2hours in a movie, but she now just loved it, because it was apparently so insightful to her. Suppose that will teach me.....:laugh:

·
Registered
285 Posts
thanks for the warning thumper, if you get a chance try and find ''Balls of Steel'' a documentary about isle of mann TT. No sitting around campfires dribbling on , which is great fun when you are there , but of no interest to anyone else, the only fire scenes involve bikes. This film will keep you on the edge of your seat for a lot of the time going #### far out
4 stars from me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts