GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I am on vaccation in Prague with the famlily. Really miss my bike now ;) Nice twisty roads just outside city

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Mines overdue (for a wash, not for a ride - I just got off it). The gnats and bugs have been heinous lately.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah...dragon flies and water beatles are airborne these days.
They make quite a visual impact on a bike going 100 mph....not to mention the visor on the helmet:eek:

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Few weeks back night highway ride...i hear heavy ticking off my helmet and spots on visor...50 miles from home thought is was going to be a wet crappy ride home...lasted couple long minutes...what ever those little bugs where they dryed like cement within seconds....it needs a good long soapy soke to get that crap off...im long over due for a good wash

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Few weeks back night highway ride...i hear heavy ticking off my helmet and spots on visor...50 miles from home thought is was going to be a wet crappy ride home...lasted couple long minutes...what ever those little bugs where they dryed like cement within seconds....it needs a good long soapy soke to get that crap off...im long over due for a good wash
I use Plexus or Motul Helmet Clean on my helmet and shield. They both do a good job of melting away the bug guts.
;)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Honda polish is an affordable alternative to Plexus. In my opinion it works ALMOST as well as the plexus, just not quite. But it is about 3 times cheaper too lol.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fat Pat, you are right. I do that too.

On a late evening i few years ago i was in the freeway on the way home.
It was really hot, i had the chin vent open and was going quite fast.
One of those huge beatles hit my helmet righ on the open vent. All the hard stuff ( shells, legt, etc. ) got caught in the vent.
All the juice and soft parts i had for a late supper. It went right through at full speed.
It tastes a bit sour...but they say it healthy.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Fat Pat, you are right. I do that too.

On a late evening i few years ago i was in the freeway on the way home.
It was really hot, i had the chin vent open and was going quite fast.
One of those huge beatles hit my helmet righ on the open vent. All the hard stuff ( shells, legt, etc. ) got caught in the vent.
All the juice and soft parts i had for a late supper. It went right through at full speed.
It tastes a bit sour...but they say it healthy.
Ha ha, been there. Here in Oklahoma, if you get caught out after dark you pretty much need a putty knife to clean up with.

To the OP, beautiful ride!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts