GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many on here have an Abba skylift?
What maintenance do you use it for?

I am on the fence with the sky lift. Had it in a cart, canceled when I went to fill out payment info. Have changed rear shocks, rebuilt forks, changed steering stem bearings, swapped engines on my Bandit, all with a small floor jack and jury rigging whatever I had to. I am now getting older, 53, and am thinking of getting nicer things that prevent the discomfort of laying on the ground to get to some maintenance items. How many use the abba lift skylift?

Reading a thread on here, it sounds like GSXS-NH may have one, and some others have Abba products. Wondering what users may have the Skylift, and what they think. Or how satisfied they are with Abba products.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I just have the basic ABBA centre lift.
Had it for more than ten years and it’s been great. Just changed the adapters for about £15 when upgrading my bikes and keep the stand.
It keeps the bike much more stable for working on and allows you to get at either front or rear end without having the stress of balancing on a jack or throwing a rope Over a joist too support the bike.
Very handy and doesn’t take up the space of the sky lift.
Mind you. If you’re back is shot and you need to raise the bike the sky lift is a good idea if you have the space for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
Same as @Beaker I have had the old centre stand model for over a decade now and just swap the adapters* when I change bike. I also use front and rear paddock stands at time as despite also having the old Abba front lift I prefer them when having the bike fully off the ground for a prolonged period.

*Top tip is to bag and label the adapters separately and not accidentally mix them up :rolleyes:

·
Registered
348 Posts

I am on the fence with the sky lift. Had it in a cart, canceled when I went to fill out payment info. Have changed rear shocks, rebuilt forks, changed steering stem bearings, swapped engines on my Bandit, all with a small floor jack and jury rigging whatever I had to. I am now getting older, 53, and am thinking of getting nicer things that prevent the discomfort of laying on the ground to get to some maintenance items. How many use the abba lift skylift?

Reading a thread on here, it sounds like GSXS-NH may have one, and some others have Abba products. Wondering what users may have the Skylift, and what they think. Or how satisfied they are with Abba products.
Abba Superbike kit / stand yes. Sky lift no.

·
Registered
17 Posts

I ordered one on line from my home in So California, and it was delivered to my door. It was well packed, easy to put together, good design and quality.
I use it for my GSX S1000 and my CB 1100, I got the adapters for both. It works very well, as advertised.
I bought it after working on bikes for many (50) years and got a little tired of getting down and up from the floor.
I'll be putting a new rear shock on the GSX soon, and the ABBA stand will make it much easier for me

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mind you. If you’re back is shot and you need to raise the bike the sky lift is a good idea
Getting there, I am afraid. :-(
I'll be putting a new rear shock on the GSX soon, and the ABBA stand will make it much easier for me
Same here. Wilbers on order. Interesting is it has the high and low speed compression.

Also thinking of getting a different exhaust and will be much easier. @fieromx3 might still have an exhaust. We shall see. Need the Woolich tuner as well.
I also am watching youtube channel classic motorbikes. He does a frame up resto of a Bandit 1200. He also uses the Abba.

I finally bit the bullet and placed the order.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts