GSXS 1000 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
ya man ABS kicks in like the weed i smoke.....how about TC 3 that a anti something.....i want to be a bad axx just like you :laugh:
yeah, if i could help the man i would, was merely expressing curiosity and wonder as to why you would remove ABS , if you don't want or like it ok no problem , set up how you like , sheesh some people put all sorts of weird personal touches to their stuff, i get that , some one commented he obviously wanted to lock his brakes do stunts and join a circus , thats a very rude assumption to make , this guy may not even approve of circuses with their history of cruelty to dumb humans , err i mean animals.That weed is it inhaled or do you just do a Clinton with it, and never inhale just puff ?and NO I never had sex with that woman i just came in her mouth which doesn't count does it Senate enquiry into my dry cleaning bills indeed

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
yeah, if i could help the man i would, was merely expressing curiosity and wonder as to why you would remove ABS , if you don't want or like it ok no problem , set up how you like , sheesh some people put all sorts of weird personal touches to their stuff, i get that , some one commented he obviously wanted to lock his brakes do stunts and join a circus , thats a very rude assumption to make , this guy may not even approve of circuses with their history of cruelty to dumb humans , err i mean animals.That weed is it inhaled or do you just do a Clinton with it, and never inhale just puff ?and NO I never had sex with that woman i just came in her mouth which doesn't count does it Senate enquiry into my dry cleaning bills indeed
well i was talking about you :D...but since your in a good mood ill go with it

·
Registered
719 Posts
Still trying to find a fix for this without replacing the whole wiring harness for a non-abs one. Anybody tried the GSX-R Yoshimura ABS eliminator harness to see if it works on our bike?

https://www.baysideperformance.com/2017-suzuki-gsxr1000-r-yoshimura-abs-eliminator
I bet all that harness is doing is bypass something on the bike. I bet if you could download the install instructions for it you could figure out what its bypassing. If you know where those wires plug into on the gsxr (you might need a gsxr wiring diagram) you could probably replicate on our bike.

I had a code on my 2016 i solved this way. I found a you tube video for a completely different suzuki with the same fault code....he explained how he fixed it on his bike. Fortunately, he explained not only which wires but what those wires connected to. (I did not have to look up a wiring diagram for that bike then). I then located the equivalent wires on our bike (I do have a diagram for.)

·
Registered
248 Posts
sounds like it may be possible to finally get rid of that interfering bit of technology, i certainly hope you figure it out as i hate how "long" the abs interferes with the braking, it really freaks the **** out of me .... your braking hard on the limit of traction and then the abs kicks in - oh **** ! you suddenly start raipid forward progress @ an increasing accelleration rate , for what seems like foever, all the while running out of room for actual retardation, i learned to brake at the point of tyre squirming , the abs says oh no, no, no,... , really hate it with a vengence, id never buy another bike with it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Part of the reason why I removed the ABS is to get better control and also to put it under severe diet. It's now close to 400lbs. I removed everything ABS-related such as module, hoses and fitted a set of braided non-ABS hoses. Unfortunately, the speed sensors signals are going into the module before being transferred to the ECU. I'm not sure if the module changes the output values of the signals though.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Really dumb to rip off ABS from a bike especially after you paid extra for the upgrade. There is no sense in it, especially for the 'reasons' you've outlined. The hydraulic unit weighs very little and as per Suzuki the weight difference between the AL6 and L6 is 5 pounds.

This is a public forum so expect to get public opinions on your hack job and what only amounts to making the bike worse. This isn't and never should be an echo chamber despite what white knight "TheDude" advocates.

If you have any sense left in you, you'll smack yourself in the face and fix the ABS back onto the bike and give her a formal apology.

B

·
0 Posts
hey Jardamuth. were you able to figure out how to make this work? I just picked up an ABS model and would like to also delete it from the front but would really like to keep it out back for panic braking.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
hey Jardamuth. were you able to figure out how to make this work? I just picked up an ABS model and would like to also delete it from the front but would really like to keep it out back for panic braking.
pretty tough to lock up the rear ,,atleast mine is...rear is almost useless

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm just going to jump in here in defense of the OP. Deleting ABS is not stupid. It might be impractical for certain applications, but ABS does have it's drawbacks, one of them being a loss of feel and modulation. ABS on a dry track is actually hindrance and I hate to break it to the mathematicians in here but weight loss is not about removing one particular part. It's the summation of removing many different parts that nets a noticeable gain and he's made that choice so either answer is his question,
or offer a solution.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I'm just going to jump in here in defense of the OP, deleting ABS it's not stupid. It might be impractical for certain applications, but ABS does have it's drawbacks, one of them being a loss of feel and modulation. ABS on a dry track is actually hindrance and I hate to break it to the mathematicians in here but weight loss is not about removing one particular part. It's the summation of removing many different parts that nets a noticeable gain and he's made that choice so either answer is his question, offer a solution.
Amen

21 - 40 of 52 Posts