GSXS 1000 Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Thank you Ditch.

You're totally right. removing a bit of weight here and there ended up making a huge difference. Weight saving from the BST was a huge improvement also.

What I ended up doing for the ABS? I tried an ABS delete module from flash tune but it didn't work. I opened it, chopped the motor, mounts' casing, etc. Keeping only the plastic tab for the connectors and the circuit board. Now my speedo works just fine and the ABS light is gone.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
hey Jardamuth. were you able to figure out how to make this work? I just picked up an ABS model and would like to also delete it from the front but would really like to keep it out back for panic braking.
I'd be inclined to think that panic braking will have more effect on the front than the rear. A locked front wheel makes the bike a little bit harder to control while most experienced riders will have no troubles sliding along with a locked rear.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I see this is solved, but will add that simply removing both ABS fuses does indeed kill speedo function and makes the check engine (FI, Suzuki description) light up. (It is the light above the ABS light and looks just like an
automotive check-engine icon.)
I reinserted the fuses but the FI light did not go out immediately. It did go out after a few key-ons and running time.
I would have then tried just pulling the sensor fuse, the 15 A one, but I was anxious to go on my ride. I will get back to that when the weather improves.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hi Verbatim,
You may know this, but the Calif bike has it's own wiring diagram compared to the rest of the World.
When Roy was trying to get a working Calif spec ECU in an All States bike, the speedo did not work, but everything else did work.
There is only 1 external wiring difference, but internally in the ECU, who really knows why Suzuki needed to make 2 (or more) ECU's just for America ?
So be aware of this when you read any helpful comments that pop up.

Rob.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hi Verbatim,
You may know this, but the Calif bike has it's own wiring diagram compared to the rest of the World.
When Roy was trying to get a working Calif spec ECU in an All States bike, the speedo did not work, but everything else did work.
There is only 1 external wiring difference, but internally in the ECU, who really knows why Suzuki needed to make 2 (or more) ECU's just for America ?
Gotta love Commiefornia. We'd be happy to sell it to Australia if you guys are interested. Heck, just take it.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts