GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think that ABS is too sensitive? It triggered on me few times in city traffic. I did not grip lever too hard and I really don't ride fast in the city. I've heard about ABS being too sensitive even before i bought my GSX.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I find this strange. Not judging you guys and aren't intending to offend. But why would you want the ABS to kick in? Too me, it should only kick in when I have locked up (which is not ideal). In my opinion, I would be looking at what I'm doing if I have ABS kicking in a bit (assuming good roads etc). Note this explains what is happening with your rear brake as the weight is transferring (you need to ease off it as you increase front pressure to reduce your braking distance. I can talk all night about technique but won't:censored:).

·
Registered
367 Posts
First step is to check your tires status.
Are they too old, is pressure too high?
Did they had time enough to warm up?

Only a couple of times I got ABS front wheel intervention on severe breaking.
Speaking of the rear wheel I get ABS kicking most of the time. I must admit it's kinda funny thought...

·
Registered
584 Posts
City traffic means oil, coolant, and tranny fluid drips on the roadway. Toss in some wet or damp weather and the OEM D204 Dunlop tires, and I can see your ABS kicking on at times in the stop and go city commute.

To answer your question, I do NOT find the ABS to be too sensitive on this motorcycle. As @Beerded Wanderer stated, I've had the rear ABS kick in often enough on every ABS bike I've owned because I brake hard on the front and the rear gets light, causing the ABS to activate to prevent wheel hop/lock-up (which is nice I suppose.) Last time I had the FRONT ABS activate was trying to avoid running into Bambi. Stupid deer. (ABS = GOOD!)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have never had had a problem with the front brake activating ABS. On the other hand, as others have stated, the rear has done it multiple times. Usually during harsh breaking in the city because a light changed and I don't want to run it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
just disabled the ABS it's so intrusive , i am not a panic braker & have had to grab a handful several times - if you know how to brake properly you should be OK

an interesting caveat is that I'm listening to a podcast right now where they are criticising ABS on Japanese machine talking about how much it interferes in comparison to the European machines

1 - 9 of 9 Posts