1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi new here

got a new s 2k16

only 2500km

everytime i go full throttle in any gear between 5k to 7k its like it accellerate less hard like a flat spot before and after its ok

even tried with 94oct and it doesnt change

·
Registered
18 Posts
Most dyno charts show this, and it seems common on a lot of bikes that meet Euro 4. I be that there is some testing happening in that range, and they need to control emissions tightly, at expense of torque. I'm still breaking mine in (500km so far), and eagerly await the time I can play in that flat spot :)

·
Registered
974 Posts
The flat spot doesn't bother me too much, there's still plenty of power in their and then it takes off like a 2 stroke power band

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
On top of emissions i think the flat spot on this bike is a deliberate rich area to lose power which makes it more ride-able
and controllable. As soon as you back off the throttle a little, the front end comes down.
Fix the fuelling in that area and it's a different story.

·
Registered
20 Posts
the flat spot is bike sorting its fueling out whenthe exhaust flapper opens. Noise testing in most countries happens just below that rev range...

·
Registered
434 Posts
I've looked at pretty much every gsxs dyno curve. I've seen that flat spot on stock bikes and bikes that have full exhaust and custom maps. Haven't found a clear answer as to why it's happening.

Really wish it didn't have that flat spot since that's my lower rpm range when at the track and really need that power. I ended up having to change my gear choices and requires an extra shift. An bike life.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I've looked at pretty much every gsxs dyno curve. I've seen that flat spot on stock bikes and bikes that have full exhaust and custom maps. Haven't found a clear answer as to why it's happening.

Really wish it didn't have that flat spot since that's my lower rpm range when at the track and really need that power. I ended up having to change my gear choices and requires an extra shift. An bike life.

How much does a custom ECU flash help? I would think that would be the right way to go if you track the bike and need the power. And maybe there's something you can do with the exhaust valving?

·
Registered
434 Posts
How much does a custom ECU flash help? I would think that would be the right way to go if you track the bike and need the power. And maybe there's something you can do with the exhaust valving?

I have a full ECU reflash, full exhaust, no exhaust valve. Same flat spot exist between 5 and 7000 RPM. Also running auto tune.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I thinks it the ignition timing. and its meant to keep the front wheel on the ground during hard acceleration.

I am going to talk to Dale Walker next week, I will ask him about this and report back. I bet he has a pretty good idea what is causing it.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
The flat spot between 5 and 7K is not really noticeable to me on my bike any longer (hasn't been on a dyno yet - soon I hope)

I have done a few mods to do this:

Removed Cat and Large Muffler
Removed Exhaust Valve and Airbox restrictor plate (i believe the main reason for both of these is to reduce noise from 5-5.5K)
Remapped the fueling
Remapped the ignition (Ignition MAP at WOT below)

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts

Removed Exhaust Valve and Airbox restrictor plate (i believe the main reason for both of these is to reduce noise from 5-5.5K)

Remapped the fueling

Right forgot to mention the intake changes.

Removed airbox restrictive plate
Bmc street air filter
Cut the fender caps covering the intake (little plastic wings outside the frame)
Capped off the pair valve tube.

That's in addition to what I mentioned.
Pcv, auto tune
Reflashed ecu woolwich
Arrow headers

For me the snatch completely is gone (can't say that and not giggle Ill never grow up)

·
Registered
82 Posts
The flat spot between 5 and 7K is not really noticeable to me on my bike any longer (hasn't been on a dyno yet - soon I hope)

I have done a few mods to do this:

Remapped the fueling
Have you had the Dyno run yet? how did the change to your ignition map go?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts