GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Yes I often do it but it's tricky, remove the seat and side panels and the bolt holding the tank down, you can lift the tank just over an inch and place something under it to hold it up , then use your fingers and maybe long nose pliers to unplug the plug and you may need to reach one hand up from under neath under the frame, it's a bit tricky and fiddle but easier than removing the tank on an F model.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I have a naked bike so it's not as bad as the F but that still sounds easier than taking all of the plastic trim off.

·
Registered
437 Posts
If you have the naked you don't need anything off. Follow the wire from the sensor up the left hand side of the engine and the connection is between the frame and the block. Unplug sensor plug in bypass job done

Reactions: Kassu

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have an f model and managed it without removing or lifting anything, was very fiddly took about half an hour. managed to reach in through the plastics, helps if you get someone to hold a torch.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have an f model and managed it without removing or lifting anything, was very fiddly took about half an hour. managed to reach in through the plastics, helps if you get someone to hold a torch.
You sons of bitches must have little pixie hands. I tried it but I couldn't get to it. I ended up lifting the tank. The eliminator is installed but I didn't get a chance to take it out for a ride. It started raining before I could get finished. Maybe tomorrow.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You sons of bitches must have little pixie hands. I tried it but I couldn't get to it. I ended up lifting the tank. The eliminator is installed but I didn't get a chance to take it out for a ride. It started raining before I could get finished. Maybe tomorrow.
Haha the old sausage fingers eh:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts