GSXS 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain please whether fitting multi hole lowering triangles/linkages is better than the adjustable dog bone thst connects from the frame to the suspension linkages?

·
Registered
583 Posts
With the 'adjustable dogbone' you can fine tune better. If you just need 2 more mm, then you dial that in. With the multi-hole triangle, you only get what the next hole gives you. So if one hole is 'too much' and the next hole is 'too little' you are stuck with one or the other. The dog-bone adjust-ability allows you more 'fine-tuning'. That's all theoretical. Maybe it doesn't matter much in real life. I'd go with the more adjustable unit myself. But I'm picky like that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankyou for your reply. Currently i have the 40mm lust links fitted but i think icould raise it 10mm or so and still touch the floor easily. Would the adjustable dog bone work with the std linkages so i could lower it that way.

·
Registered
583 Posts
You'd have to look at the specs from whoever makes the adjustable 'dog-bone' to see what the adjustment range is. Should give you a plus/minus figure, in millimeters, so you know how long/short you could make it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think I might be necroing this post, but has anyone found a decent adjustable dogbone for our bikes? My google fu is lacking on this one.

Between a 190/55 tire and a Razor R shock, my back end is about 30mm to tall now, making the steering pretty squirrely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts